Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Wacom Bamboo Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Wacom Bamboo Question Reply with quote

I have a Bamboo Wacom tablet (just Bamboo, not Bamboo Fun).

The model I have is the previous MTE-450:

My pen has been worn down to the nub, and thus I keep scratching my tablet because of that. I need a new pen.

Do I need to just get a new replacement pen (which is the same kind as the one I am using now):
https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Bamboo_Model_MTE450_Cordless_P1193C89.cfm

Or get these:
https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Bamboo_Replacement_Pen_Nibs_-__P1196C89.cfm

I have no idea what the pen nibs are nor do I know how to put them on my pen.

Please help!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice to you is to get the second pen.
https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Bamboo_Model_MTE450_Cordless_P1193C89.cfm

It may be more expensive, but from what I can tell it will work perfectly with your pad, and you'll get a better more accurate line from the small tip.

Also, the "Nib" is defined as the end/quill/point of a pen. The thing is the nibs they are selling don't seem to be or have tips on them, so I guess that they are bodies for actual pens without the pen tip. That doesn't really make sense to me, but its all I can tell from the picture and quick Google search.

Hope it helped.
London

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, just buy the nibs. They're super easy to replace. You take your pen and take a pair of tweezers and you just pull it out. It comes out pretty easily. Then you take your nib and stick it in. Good as new.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So these (https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Bamboo_Replacement_Pen_Nibs_-__P1196C89.cfm) are the actual tip of the tablet pens?

I don't know if I would be able to pull the tip out because it's worn down to almost nothing. Just barely of it is sticking out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... you really should have saved the replacements that came with your original tablet.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I never got nibs with mine. All I got was the tablet, the USB cable, software, pen, and pen holder. I never got any nibs. I even checked the box.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your company short-ended you (pun), the nibs don't last long, if they don't come with replacements, it's like selling a car with no option to repair.
London

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get nibs with my graphire. My intuos came with 5-6 nibs.

If you're not sure if you can get it out, just try? If it does come out and you don't have replacement nibs yet, you can just stick the one you have back in if you really need it.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get nib replacements, along with a nib replacement tool, with new pens. My Intuos3 Classic pen ($60) came with some.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I tried what London said (but not with tweezers, since it was too worn down. I used the pointed end of a pushpin to help), and got the nib out. I guess I will go with the replacement nibs then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: