Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Last words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Last words Reply with quote

I recently read looking for alaska (re-read would be more accurate), mostly to look at all the last words. I am now as facisnated by dying declarations as miles was. I think that i find them interesting for another reason though. I try to gain some insights on deat rather then as miles puts it learn about the person. but dying people have no greater insights on what comes "after" then we do, at least most of them don't. "people died how they lived" so you see alot of who they were in their final moments, wow thats from the dark knight is'nt it. My favorite last words are mckinleys "We are all going", said after his wife tells him she wants to go with him. So any body got any better ones?
Inu-chan_rox_mah_sox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah, Looking For Alaska. I love John Green.

It's pretty interesting to see what a person ends up having as their last words. Sometimes they're profound, sometimes they're...not. Gotta hand it to some people for coming up with some awesome ones, though.

Being a fan of Beethoven, I'm partial to his: "Friends applaud, the comedy is finished."

I also really like Emily Dickinson's: "I must go in, the fog is rising."
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archduke Franz (gutshot) Ferdinand, "It is nothing"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: