Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Lined paper- essential to art
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I mean by "Custom logo"
Wouldn't have to be just a FAC logo, it could be any of the artists works in their galleries, assuming they understand transparency and printing resolutions.

More of an idea along the lines of allowing users to buy prints of user-submitted work. Even if FAC only makes $.50 to a $1 its still more revenue than a single click of an ad.
Not only that but the ability for users to sell quality prints would attract more talentedserious artists to FAC, thus generating more traffic and the possibility for higher revenue gain. Smile
London

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you expect Denis to invest in some printing equipment himself, FAC would still need to operate through another website like cafepress. Why would an FAC user want to make that transaction through the FAC store instead of going straight to the printing company?

I think I can safely say there there are [i]zero[/i] artists on FAC from whom people would consider buying prints from that [i]dont[/i] also have accounts on deviantart. It wouldn't be a bad thing if you wanted to implement that here, but you'd be wasting your time and effort because no one would buy anything.
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that FAC should offer the service, I'm providing this apparently novel idea in light that maybe some other ideas could present themselves. I see any ideas that may help FAC generate its much needed traffic and thus revenue as good ideas.

FAC software is launched to multiple different sites. So its not just FAC's users who would be making use of the services. PL and HF for example, could make plenty of use of a printing service.
In the end, since Denis is the owner of the string of Websites, it would be up to him to fund the physical portion of such a service. There is also the alternative of Contact and Contract, with a small/local printing business where profit would be split 50/50 or 60/40. That is of course if Denis would like for FAC, PL, and HF to be more of a revenue generating business than just a free service.

Like I said, its only an idea, not a suggestion of something to be worked on immediately. Smile
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sora121"]FAC software is launched to multiple different sites. So its not just FAC's users who would be making use of the services. PL and HF for example, could make plenty of use of a printing service.
In the end, since Denis is the owner of the string of Websites, it would be up to him to fund the physical portion of such a service. There is also the alternative of Contact and Contract, with a small/local printing business where profit would be split 50/50 or 60/40. That is of course if Denis would like for FAC, PL, and HF to be more of a revenue generating business than just a free service.

Like I said, its only an idea, not a suggestion of something to be worked on immediately. Smile[/quote]

HF is a goddamn gold mine, DA can't touch that thought with a ten foot pole and with PL prints availibiity is always a potential. Denis and I had discussed this on a couple occations, right now I can not remember exactly what it was that was stopping him from taking advantage of this idea. I think it was something about figuring out payment process being too complicated at the times.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Battou"][quote="Sora121"]FAC software is launched to multiple different sites. So its not just FAC's users who would be making use of the services. PL and HF for example, could make plenty of use of a printing service.

Like I said, its only an idea, not a suggestion of something to be worked on immediately. Smile[/quote]

HF is a goddamn gold mine, DA can't touch that thought with a ten foot pole and with PL prints availibiity is always a potential. Denis and I had discussed this on a couple occations, right now I can not remember exactly what it was that was stopping him from taking advantage of this idea. I think it was something about figuring out payment process being too complicated at the times.[/quote]

Denis would have to set up a transaction service/gateway and those can be expensive. Not to mention the sites would require SSL security for those transactions, which if I'm not mistaken can also cost money to be verified as a secure SSL Certificate by VeriSign or eTRUST.

As with Paypal, an automated queuing system would be easy to build for free, but users would have to go to the paypal website to make the transactions, instead of being able to make the transaction from our own FAC/PL/HF website.
This poses problems with design and versatility of our code and the services overall end-user functionality.
Labyrinth
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about this rule either way. It doesn't effect my own artwork and if someone else draws on lined paper, each to their own.

What I will add is computer type paper is readily obtainable. You can pick up a good stack and use it for drawing. I use this for general drawing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: