Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Need some Criticism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malosis555

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Need some Criticism Reply with quote

It seems wherever I go, no one wants to give me any honest oppinions on my art, so I was hoping this time it would be different. On another note, I'm sorry this leads to Deviantart. My artwork is still pending on this sight, so please take a look at these samples and give me some hints.

......................Just be really, really gentle! Kay! I just got the courage to post my art.

Nothing too hurtful like 'This plucking sucks!"

[url=http://raiu-chan.deviantart.com/art/Mimi-s-wedding-163820612]Mimi (from Digimon)[/url]

[url=http://raiu-chan.deviantart.com/art/Is-it-Ariel-163820299]Ariel (From The Little Mermaid)[/url]

[url=http://raiu-chan.deviantart.com/art/It-s-TINK-163819901]Sexy Tinkerbell[/url]

Oh and I do these all in blue pen. It's my thing I guess. Pencil just feels too awkward for me.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the Aerial, however tink need's a tiny bit of work with her eyes, as in she needs more prominent eyelashes. Also the first link; the file isent found.

Other than that you are a really good artist hun. :3
Malosis555

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I do like the Aerial, however tink need's a tiny bit of work with her eyes, as in she needs more prominent eyelashes. Also the first link; the file isent found.

Other than that you are a really good artist hun. :3[/quote]

Thanks for taking a look and ignoring the link trouble I'm having. I needed that.

Yeah, Tink's eyes do look weird now that I look at them. Thankies so much!
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd like to say that I like how smooth your lines are. I sketch and make a lot of stray marks when I draw with pen. I'm just really into clean looks like in "Mimi's Wedding."

You've got good talent. I like how you draw the hair.

Mimi: Her left eye is too stretched across the face. Either move the right more towards the center, or make the eyes bigger. A lot of neck lines do not start on the very side of her face. The way her head is facing, the neck should start on her right cheek instead of her left.

Ariel: BEAUTIFUL, love the hatching. Although, her lips is strange, or is her mouth open? Those light body guidelines are a little distracting.

Tink: I actually like her exaggerated slanty eyes a lot. It makes her look devious, and different then the giant, wide eyed innocent characters. The lower-arm fold should be over the underarm fold. Her wings are unevenly elevated. No eyebrows....I don't know if that was on purpose. It doesn't really bother me that much though.

All and all, you are still a good artist with some anatomical errors to fix. ;P Good luck!!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]First, I'd like to say that I like how smooth your lines are. I sketch and make a lot of stray marks when I draw with pen. I'm just really into clean looks like in "Mimi's Wedding."

You've got good talent. I like how you draw the hair.

Mimi: Her left eye is too stretched across the face. Either move the right more towards the center, or make the eyes bigger. A lot of neck lines do not start on the very side of her face. The way her head is facing, the neck should start on her right cheek instead of her left.

Ariel: BEAUTIFUL, love the hatching. Although, her lips is strange, or is her mouth open? Those light body guidelines are a little distracting.

Tink: I actually like her exaggerated slanty eyes a lot. It makes her look devious, and different then the giant, wide eyed innocent characters. The lower-arm fold should be over the underarm fold. Her wings are unevenly elevated. No eyebrows....I don't know if that was on purpose. It doesn't really bother me that much though.

All and all, you are still a good artist with some anatomical errors to fix. ;P Good luck!![/quote]

Thanks a lot for the advice. I really appreciate the comments on my artwork even when I looked your gallery and HOLY FUDGE YOU ARE TALENTED! Thankies a ton!
Silent_Writer
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely adore your artwork deary! <3
Hehe, don't worry about it, you've obviously gone a long way comparing to me. There are only the small typical errors that every artist will make at some point.

I suggest trying to shade. Not sure about colour, but try to shade.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you didnt post it here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: