Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What IMs Do You Use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What instant messenger do you prefer?
AIM
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Yahoo Messenger
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
MSN / Windows Live
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
IMVU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Don't use one
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: What IMs Do You Use? Reply with quote

Just wondering as a general question.

I have AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Skype, and IMVU. I prefer AIM though. I use something called Trillian to manage all my IM accounts in one place.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Yahoo, til the yahoo update, so now I just hop in and out of the e-mail IM sometimes. But when I get a stronger computer I'll be using yahoo again. xP

You go to IMVU? Sweet what's it like there? xP
London

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIM, MSN, on rare occasions Gtalk. I use Pidgin as my all-in-one chat program. Used to use Trillian, but it was a long time ago, and I no longer remember why I switched to Pidgin.
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]You go to IMVU? Sweet what's it like there? xP[/quote]

IMVU is kinda like SecondLife, except not as good (graphics-wise, I don't know too much about the gameplay). It's basically an IM/chat client where you get to make a 3D avatar character and get furniture to furnish your room. You buy everything in the game using currency called Credits and to get more you gotta do surveys and offers, or buy more credits with your cell phone, PayPal, or a credit card.

It's actually really kind of fun. Your IMVU avatar character can interact with other people's IMVU characters. It's kinda like the Sims except you don't have to take care of your character.

The most annoying thing though, is that you can get blocked by people on there for the stupidest of reasons. For example, my friend's avatar character has swords, and he went into a random chat with someone and pulled out his swords and got blocked for it lol.

If you want a better 3D chat program, get SecondLife, the graphics are better. I tried using it once but since my computer is a moron it slowed down my computer and I got rid of it. IMVU runs perfectly fine though.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Xx_True_Dachshund_xX"][quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]You go to IMVU? Sweet what's it like there? xP[/quote]

IMVU is kinda like SecondLife, except not as good. It's basically an IM/chat client where you get to make a 3D avatar character and get furniture to furnish your room. You buy everything in the game using currency called Credits and to get more you gotta do surveys and offers, or buy more credits with your cell phone, PayPal, or a credit card.

It's actually really kind of fun. Your IMVU avatar character can interact with other people's IMVU characters. It's kinda like the Sims except you don't have to take care of your character.

The most annoying thing though, is that you can get blocked by people on there for the stupidest of reasons. For example, my friend's avatar character has swords, and he went into a random chat with someone and pulled out his swords and got blocked for it lol.[/quote]

Oh I know THAT much. I tried to join on my dial up computer, big mistake lol. I was going to run around looking like one of my OCs Xal. But yeah, decided against it cause my computer would have crashed big time downloading the stuff. If I ever get a stronger computer like my brother keeps promising, im re-joining and running around as a Vanitas avatar. lol...yes im strange...that or a Orochimaru dressed as Micheal Jackson.
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if IMVU can run on my piece of shit computer, it could probably run on yours. But obviously you need a faster Internet connection in order to fully enjoy the experience. IMVU has a lot of glitches though. One funny one is that you can zoom up behind your character's head and see their teeth, tongue, and eyeballs, which is really creepy lol

Oh yeah here's my IMVU profile page:
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=52297313

I haven't went online in several days because my friends haven't been online on IMVU.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick ass, hey Ami looks like she's sitting in a familiar pose, cant put my finger on it though lol.

Ten bucks she's chasing all the Vanitas's around on that page..jk -shot by Ami anyways- x_X

(There HAS to be a Vanitas sneaking about in the rooms, after all KH BBS is a few months away and KH rave is at it's peek.)

But yeah you look adorable, I wanna touch yer ears. x3

Hey remember the audibles on yahoo? my one friend would attack me with em 3 at a time to get my attention if I was distracted at playing chrono cross...he'd usually send the Swedish ones my way. XD
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lol, I am trying to save up more credits so that I can buy more outfits for my avatar character.

I only have a few outfits for my character, her main outfit, a raveclub outfit, a heavy metal outfit, and a bikini.

http://www.imvu.com/outfits/index.php?just_this_user=52297313
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im chatting...im on the PSN's video chat with my gaming buddies. PC IM's are so boring.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use all of those. Not IMVU, for many reasons. But I use xFire mostly to be honest. Other then that, Skype.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use all of those. Not IMVU, for many reasons. But I use xFire mostly to be honest. Other then that, Skype.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSN, I am a regular shit and I like my shit regular.

For all the complaining I do, I use windows, listen to ipod and eat out at McDonalds like everybody. hipsters can go die.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed having the yahoo radio, I'd listen to tons of 80s music that I cant normally get ahold of nowadays.
[size=7](Best Music store FYE closed. -sniff- stupid effin mall. Not a very smart move though, FYE kept that mall afloat, now it's going down hill FAST. With lil stores they have left they wont survive unless a millionare and his buddies go over to Soujourner Imports. Getting something there costs an arm and a leg.)[/size]

You'd usually catch me singing along with "Take me home tonight" by Eddie money. However; my computer turned into a tard and I stopped listening to the yahoo radio to prevent problems with my computer.
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda miss the old AIM because I liked having that AOL Radio add-on and I just miss the old interface. The new AIM is kinda cool though since it has more features including being able to use 100x100 px icons but for some reason now it won't make animated icons animated which is odd since the older AIMs allowed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: