Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Stories and Short Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Stories and Short Stories Reply with quote

I plan on writing stories and short stories but creating one is hard. I mean I get you need characters of course, a beginning middle and an end.

All I need are ideas.

I have one. I got this idea from this Lost Boarding School. Like where my persona and some other characters attend a boarding School on a lost island.

I also have a Sailor Moon fanfic to continue. I might or might not continue that.

The problem is I wanna write but I just need ideas. And ideas for short stories. Any help would be very much appreciated.
[i][b][color=#330033]SHHH GUYS DON'T LOOK!! O.O.....You will scare the wild mountain dew away.[/color][/b][/i]
London

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep a small pad of paper with you during the day. Whenever you see or hear something interesting that could be part of a story, write it down. (Or in this magical day and age, save a note on your cellphone.) When you sit down to write, take out all your notes and see which ones could work well together.

This boarding school idea with multiple characters sounds a bit complex for a single story. Maybe you could break it up into multiple stories, with each story concentration on just one or two characters.

If your fanfic is almost done, you may as well just finish it. You're more likely to get feedback on fanwork than original stuff, so comments you get on your fanfic could help you improve your writing.
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the first chapter of my sailor moon fanfic just so I can show people my current writing style in case anyone wants to give me hints and tips for it.

As for my boarding school idea, I was planning on it being focused more on my persona and the other characters would kinda be background characters.

The piece of paper is a good idea, I would do it on a cellphone but I don't have one so a piece of paper and pencil will have to do.
[i][b][color=#330033]SHHH GUYS DON'T LOOK!! O.O.....You will scare the wild mountain dew away.[/color][/b][/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: