Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Google Chrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Google Chrome Reply with quote

I recently switched from Firefox to Google Chrome. I thought Firefox was where it was at, but no. GOOGLE CHROME = the fastest, simply pretty, and user-friendly browser I have ever used.

For those of you who have used it, how do you feel about it? Anything new you need to tell me about it? Warnings?

Really. Going on this browser feels nice. For once, I feel.....important. Laughing
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Firefox [i]a lot[/i] better. It's faster for me than Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Neutral
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY?! I tried a whole bunch of browsers, and Google Chrome seems to be fastest for me. Even the online manga scanlations take literally a second to load. Hmmm maybe it is because I have not bombarded it with browser history yet. History seems to slow browsers down a lot.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably because my computer is a piece of junk. I have Windows XP and only 512 MBs of RAM. Even MS Paint takes like a minute just to load ><
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Chrome: Lets add shit onto your computer that's not needed

Nah. I like firefox better, it's so... firefoxy <3
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:c There are a whole bunch of browsers to choose from according to our personal preferences, so once you find one you like, you stick with it.

I am probably going to use both Firefox and Google Chrome, but I have yet to hear anything bad about the lather.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Google Chrome is faster, and along with that; like Firefox it has add-ons as well.

I've read recently that Google Chrome is coming out with the newest version after the creator of Google watched Back To the Future he just started to think. How we've got the knowledge to do whatever we want, and I guess he wanted to finish it up out of inspiration.

He said the color was going to be even easier on the eyes and that he saw a picture of the next Internet Explorer that was released from Germany or something and said they look a lot a like at this point.

But he's promised faster browsing, and obviously an even better browser still. Infact, he said it would be atleast 4 TIMES as fast. However the hell that's possible.

Though I still like Firefox, but Google Chrome has got me beat with its layout and color set-up. Much more attracting and easier on the eyes as said earlier. The add-ons and other things are much more organized, its just generally the best if you ask me. Although I'm still using Firefox for the small ball that shows my most visited websites. It keeps me addicted to it for some reason. I'll be converting myself in due time though.

Last edited by LUAjake on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]it would be atleast 4 TIMES as fast. However the hell that's possible. [/quote]
4 TIMES FASTER YOU SAY? Cool JK, hah.
That would be [b]AMAZING[/b]. I am not sure how they would do it themselves, but the Google peeps can do anything. I believe in them.

[quote]Google Chrome has got me beat with its layout and color set-up. Much more attracting and easier on the eyes as said earlier. [/quote]
The simple(the URL bar is built in with the Google Toolbar, lol!) and pretty setup is indeed what I LOVE about Google Chrome compared to the other browsers. Many of them are trying to go for an appealing look with the massive amount of skins and color options. I want the fast speed and practibilitity. I want easy-to-acess tools.

I actually changed my Vista theme to Classic just so my computer would run faster. It was fast before, but the faster, the better. Cool
unfocused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrome is much faster than Firefox. I used to use it but the FF extensions I used most in FF were not made at the time for Chrome, so I switched back. I make my family use Chrome when they are on my computer because it's safer, but I haven't used it myself much in almost a year.

It's faster than FF but not nearly as customizable, my FF can be prettier than Chrome if I wanted it to be. There are even themes that replicate chrome perfectly. Chrome and FF are both great browsers, and when Chrome get's better, I will happily use both.
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My household is about half and half. We hate IE and we don't know where Netscape disappeared to. Probably walked away and hung itself...
[url=http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/newaccount.do?invNickname=4c596976577061217c2a50323f452249f9ee5d6f76286b0d48fef26af4fa55c4&visit=friend][img]http://img.tinierme.com/common/img/banner/banner_friendInvite02.gif[/img][/url]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHAHA I just found this video, and it is freakin hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCgQDjiotG0&feature=player_embedded

They used a pretty fast internet connection, but it was pretty epic either way.
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

Lol i still like my Firefox XD Hhahah its been fairly good i got chrome as well since firefox had errors like once 0_0 but yeah i am not sure to me which is better so using both till i know.. All i know is Windows Explorer is horrible Very Happy
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Internet Explorer. It used to be so huge back in the day. Now, it is the butt of the jokes. xW
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]Poor Internet Explorer. It used to be so huge back in the day. Now, it is the butt of the jokes. xW[/quote]

Hhaa yea lol XD
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be skeptical of Chrome, being that my experience with Firefox was very virus and spyware filled, as well as an extremely crash-ridden tempermental one @ that... I kind of like Chrome, however...Direct one-click access to YT, GSearch, and Gmail (Duh), rarely jams up like Firefox (or for that matter, IE), displays a pictorial web page history much life Safari (I used to use that over FF and IE just for the speed alone), and works well with most antivirus/internet security applications... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: