Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
In case you were thinking about buying a 360, Playstation +
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it makes that big of a difference if you go off topic since the original poster left FAC.
zakuman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems here, favoritism outweighs all else. But I'll drop in my 2 cents regardless. I have the free PSN, and xboxlive. Both offer the same in terms of purchasable goods, movies, games add-ons, etc. However, I do feel more connected with my friends when on xboxlive versus the PSN. The PSN I actually have to sign in to see my friends.

So fundamentally you have the same base options available. I haven't actually played any PS3 titles online though (that should change when GT5 is finally released). I also need to buy a headset.

But I'll be more to the point, from what I know. Last week I tried to download a demo for Heavy Rain, which was roughly 1.5 gigs in size. I left my PS3 on for an hour, just letting it download (not doing anything to interfere with the download speed) 1 hour later, my download was 20% complete (At which point I turned my PS3 off).

On Tuesday I downloaded the Lair of the Shadow Broker, a game add on for Mass Effect. Also 1.5 gigs, that download was completely within 15 minutes. So the Base PSN service may be free. But I have a feeling you get what you pay for.

Xboxlive has been going strong for 8 years now. The PSN is sufficient (And I'm glad it exists), but I personally feel XBL has the upper hand, and always will. Another key point to XBL, to me... is they actually bundle the mic (headset) with the purchase of a standard 360 unit.

As for the + service, playstation users have been boasting about their free service for years and years and years. I hardly doubt those devote fans will go out and upgrade to a premium service. And to my knowledge, it still doesn't have the cross game chat. Which you can argue away, by saying it's not important. But I do it a lot on XBL. So it's important to me.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSN is overall owned by SOE... and if anyone pays attention to computer gaming networks... SOE blows... bottom line

XBL if owned and operated by Microsoft and while i think Bill Gates has done alot of thing wrong with his operating systems, his online support system for XBL is strong for 8 years and very fast to respond to issues and reports. Plus Bungie operates it's own independent network inside XBL and they do an even better job than XBL imo. hands down Xbox will always be better than PS3

Furthermore, Playstation made the mistake of with the PS3 you can't play any PS2 or PS1 games on the system without downloading the game from their network which you have to pay for. XBox360 will still play original Xbox games without downloading anything so for those of us that still own Halo 1 and 2 and the original Ninja Gaiden... yea kiss my arse PS

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]i dont think it makes that big of a difference if you go off topic since the original poster left FAC.[/quote]

Crying or Very sad Still, I don't play games online. Well... I go to games.co.uk, but I digress. I use my handheld solely for playing games- like it was meant to be for. I am toying with the idea of getting a DS, just to see if I could play it again. I traded it in as I couldn't handle it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: