Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Policy: Trolling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Reference & Policies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Policy: Trolling Reply with quote

In mid 2009, Trolling activity had skyrocketed during the economic slide. Our tolerance had been far exceeded and the great banhammer had begun. In our effort to defend our selves, FAC came to the conclusion that we would no longer wait for someone to send an official report to site Administration or the site Abuse Team and terminate troll like behavior "on sight" without warning, Essentially this is still in effect. Below you will find a detailed list of activities that are deemed "Troll like activity" and as such are and (will continue to be) banworthy offenses.

[list=1][*][b]Block Evasion[/b]
Referring primarily (but not exclusively) to our comment blocking system.

[list=a][*]Creation of a new username/account to continue activities that resulted in the block
[*]Promoting and/or soliciting friends to continue the same activities[/list:o]

[*][b]Suspension evasion[/b]
Suspensions expire automatically after a set time without requiring any action from the user or site staff. However if the behavior persists suspensions can (and often [i]will[/i]) be upgraded to permanent ban.

[list=a][*]Creation of a new username/account to continue activities that resulted in the loss of privileges.
[*]Promoting and/or soliciting friends to continue the same activities.
[*]Pestering site staff members' off-site accounts in regard to disciplinary actions taken on FAC.[/list:o]

[*][b]Ban evasion[/b]
Generally speaking, ban means ban, it will not be removed. Ever.
[list=a][*]Creation of a new username/account to continue activities that resulted in the ban
[*]Pestering site staff members' off-site accounts in regard to disciplinary actions taken on FAC.[/list:o]

[*][b]Spamming/Flooding[/b]
[list=a][*]Posting an inappropriate number of comments with (or without) inappropriate content
[*]Posting inappropriately sized comments with (or without) inappropriate content. This includes large images or "wall of text" comments.[/list:o]

[*][b]Harassment[/b]
[list=a][*]Posting inappropriate [b]comments or forum posts[/b] designed to verbally abuse, threaten, attack, or offend an individual user; directed to the target user in and of themself.
[*]Posting [b]blogs/journals[/b] intended to do the same;
[*]Creation and posting [b]artwork of any kind[/b] to do the same;
[*]Requesting or soliciting friends to post or re-transmit any of the above in one's stead;
[*]Pestering site staff members' off-site accounts, pertaining to disciplinary actions taken on FAC.[/list:o]

[*][b]Slander[/b]
[list=a][*]Creation and posting of [i]any[/i] material designed to generally insult, belittle, or demean another user; directed at that user.
[*]Requesting or soliciting friends to post or retransmit such material in one's stead;
[*]Targetting or calling another user out for friends to attack, abuse, or otherwise harass/slander;
[*]Creation of a username/account with deliberate similarity to an existing username/account, for purposes of being confused or mistaken for the existing user, at the cost of that person's reputation;
[*]Creation of a username/account that directly mocks or attacks another existing user (e.g. "Fanart_Central_Sucks")[/list:o]

[*][b]Promotion/Celebration of trolling[/b]
[list=a][*]Promoting and/or soliciting friends to engage in any one or more of the above named activities;
[*]Congratulating/praising or otherwise rewarding friends who engage in the above activities;
[*]Permitting IRL friends to use your personal FAC account for [i]any[/i] reason, if theirs has been terminated;
[*]Defending troll-like actions of IRL friends whose accounts have been terminated[/list:o][/list:o]

You may have noticed, "Pestering site staff members' off-site accounts pertaining to disciplinary actions taken on FAC" is listed several times under several headings, if it's not clear enough, I'll clarify further: Sending messages to Strata, Denis, James, London, Dark_Angel_Of_Light or my self [b]on DeviantArt, Facebook, YIM, or any other sites we are registered on[/b] is unacceptable and will not be condoned.

IRL, When a person is convicted of a crime and sentenced to thousand hours of community service, they can not just stalk the judge to the bar after hours to complain about their sentence. That usually results in being placed in immediate county, state or sometimes even federal lockup. That said, I personally can not fathom how people can think following an admin or abuse team member to another site to complain about disciplinary actions taken on this site is any different. When I go to Facebook or YIM I want to sit and chat with my friends, not defend the actions taken against a douchebag harassing this site's userbase, and I honestly think I can speak for all of the site staff when I say that. If you wish to defend yourself in regard to disciplinary actions taken on this site, [b]you need to do it here on this site[/b] via Forum PM's or E-mail communications with abuse@fanart-central.net, don't chase us to the bar after the fact.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Reference & Policies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: