Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Halo Reach = Awesomeness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Halo Reach = Awesomeness Reply with quote

Need I say anymore. The game is awesome, you gotta buy it Very Happy

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played it all the way through the hardest mode the 12 AM it came out. It kicked ass, and it still does. I'm now up to the captain ranking, and still wanting more. This game is epic.

Last edited by SonicnTails on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.0 add me as a friend. I play almost every day around noon and do some matchmaking... Merlinous is xbox live tag Very Happy

SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, I keep forgetting to add you. I'll be sure to do it next time I get on.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was you i added today. If so, i tried to party up with you but you didn't seem to be interested... too bad, you missed a triple kill assassination i pulled... was two awesome doing three of the cutscenes in a row... and walking away from it, i spreed on that one too

SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. D: Important shit with buddies.

I'll be sure to next time, if Amir's there.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got an acheivement today. "A monument to all your sins"

now that just proves how badass i am Very Happy

LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly disagree, I personally find the entire Halo series to be a pile of crap copied from other games, such as Doom and Quake that just fluttered around with good graphics upon the release of the xbox/xbox/360.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LUAjake"]I strongly disagree, I personally find the entire Halo series to be a pile of crap copied from other games, such as Doom and Quake that just fluttered around with good graphics upon the release of the xbox/xbox/360.[/quote]

That's what all games are today, stupid.

LUAjake, I have 56 game systems with over 40 games for most of them, and beat mostly every one.... I'm too lazy to point such things out, okay. .-.

Last edited by SonicnTails on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there malling bears in Halo Reach?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao... duh. No one will ever ever ever be as original as super mario or pong. So all we can do is move on to the next game that's similiar to this popular game or that one. look at all the final fantasy wannabe...

in comparison to moh or cod... i say for a first person shooter, halo is much better. of course it don't compare to duke nukem or dark forces from back in the early 90s... but hey

this is 2010... get with the times
Halo Reach is the game of 2010 voted by Gamesindustry.biz
Halo Reach in opening week became the best selling game in the nation and it still is number one in North America
In Britain, Halo Reach became the number one selling game on release... and has remained in the top five.
In Japan and most other regions of the world, Halo Reach was the number one selling game on release... and although it may not be as popular in those markets, it is the best of it's series.
And as of 3 days ago, it has sold 5.55 million copies, which is a staggering number since it's only been released since Sept. 14th, only one month before that number.

SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even like halo but it was one of the most influential shooters on the consoles,
it was one of the first console shoot to "get it right" and prove shooters could be done good on consoles.

plus most game rip off halo now, almost all shooters now have regenerating health, they got that from halo.

halo has never been a favorite of mine, but i still realize how influential it was on the genre.

saying halo is just a rip off is doing it a big disservice.

Last edited by SILK on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SonicnTails"][quote="LUAjake"]I strongly disagree, I personally find the entire Halo series to be a pile of crap copied from other games, such as Doom and Quake that just fluttered around with good graphics upon the release of the xbox/xbox/360.[/quote]

That's what all games are today, stupid.[/quote]
I disagree yet again, seems you're just being lazy to point out other games that are actually good.

Also, I wasn't talking about 1st Person Shooter wise, by copying I mean characters. The main character, Master Chief? Go look at the original character of Doom, and Phobos in Quake. Also, in Quake, look at the other characters while you're at it. There's one that replicates the alien people with the pointy heads, just less armored.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sorta seen the likeness to the doom guy but i dont think they ripped him of for master chief.(maybe a little)

but character wise certain story's will always have certain archetypes for for each type of story being told, just the nature of storytelling.

master chief is the lone man of few word hero type, its a common archetype.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially in first person shooters... agree @ silk

only first person shooters that don't follow beforementioned rule of thumb would be your MOH and COD shooters that in my opinion suck for online play. Halo reach is also the first first-person shooter to implement a jetpack and get it right. Personally I have always thought that old school Dark Forces for PC and Duke Nukem and Doom all three couldn't land the jetpack function to make it useable....

Furthermore, it has it's own company to monitor multiplayer matches which decreases the amount of cheating to almost naught. Something no other first person shooter has ever done. Couple that to a highly responsive mod team and a dev team that actually play the game as much as the players... you get a great all around game. Personally I've always thought the story modes on any of the Halo games to suck because they were too short or highly repetitive. But as far as online play, Halo Reach takes the cake.

((enlengthen earlier said statement at game play without online play)) Halo 3 was the worst game play ever. It had a total of MAYBE three good epic battles. Each could be strategized with two players to be won in under three minutes. Even IF you fought it out like it was intended, they still were more epic failures than epic battles. The commentary has always sucked and the hidden features were just that... Halo 2 was so repetitive after the second ring activation, I turned it off. Halo 1 was even worse than that... ODST's invention of a split timeline with a whole city to play in actually made the gameplay last IF you walked around just for the hell of walking around to kill stuff. If you barreled through it then it too could be completed in one sitting. As far as the new Halo Reach... again, one sitting, which is why i don't like first person shooters as a whole. I'd prefer a game like "the last remnant" or "final fantasy" to where i can sit for days on end grinding and fighting and still not beat the game until at least a week of sit down time...

Final fantasy VII was the exclusion to that because it could actually be beaten in less than 24 hours of total gameplay, IF you used a walkthrough/and/or had beaten the game before and knew what was going to happen and built your party for that purpose. I beat Seph in under 23 hours of gameplay at level 52... it can be done.

As far as any other system, I'm an acheivement buff. My gamerscore on xbox live is in excess of 32000... only because I try to beat every game to it's fullest. You wanna talk about a game that sucks... Need for Speed: Shift. or try TMNT... gawd

LordessAnnara14
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=red]That game is indeed pretty awesome, but now-a-days the only thing that motivates me to keep playing, is to earn enough points to try and get Master Cheifs voice for my lady spartan. xD[/color]
[URL=http://s611.photobucket.com/user/DES-RS/media/tumblr_mo5ihmmw031r9hudxo1_500_zpse3063a82.gif.html][img]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/DES-RS/tumblr_mo5ihmmw031r9hudxo1_500_zpse3063a82.gif[/img][/URL]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: