Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Challenging puzzles in games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Challenging puzzles in games Reply with quote

God of war, Tomb Raider, Dante's Inferno, The LOK saga, The Resident evil series, and the fatel frame installments, all of them and many others had quite a fair share of puzzels in it's enviroments that can really mess with one's head. But who out of the series had the toughest or most complex yet sneaky? Ones that can be soo simple when you realize WHAT you have to do that you feel like kicking yourself. Or maybe just flat out super complex ones that force you to run to the aid of a youtube walkthrough etc.

Here's a few that really messed with my head: In Resident Evil 2, you have to solve the order of the paintings; you cannot READ what they say or they'll mess you up and mislead you.

In Resident Evil Four where you have to move those paintings in the order of the life cycle until the door opens. And the one where you are Ashley and have to literally solve a puzzle to reshape the Salvador family crest. And let's not forget when you are Ada and have to move that damn sun-dial in the cemetary's back behind the church to open up the grate on the face of the sun dial. Or how about when you have to make the Illuminados symbol appear in the church's altar by mixing and moving the colors til they match up? xP

This one however really really REALLY knocked me for a loop; I thought AT FIRST it was not to touch the staffs, but then I realized it WAS a glitch in the game. Here's the glitch figured out from another person's point of view.

[i]To Anyone who's also found that annoying game glitch, I pity you too.

My friend and I were playing Soul Reaver 2 and had gotten to the Dark Forge and completed it only to have the game glitch out and not let us out afterwards. It turns out that if you mess with the Ravens on the railing outside of the Forge before entering the Forge itself the game freaks out and won't let you out of the Forge afterwards.

You can get out of it easily enough as the only save point is before you enter the forge, but my friend and I had already saved the game after freaking out the ravens. The only way out is to shift in to Spectral before you go in and not to shift back out until your so far in the Forge its not funny. Then on your way out you have to shift back to Spectral so the game thinks the doors never shut. You can then slip out the doors in Spectral mode.

Only one problem, you miss the cinematic with Vorador. Vorador is my favorite character.
So my friend and I reset the game and made sure not to disrupt the ravens again, but then we got to thinking and this comic was born.[/i]

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=funny%20Raziel&order=9&offset=48#/d13c8eb

But enough of my rambling, any puzzels you guys got stuck on that drove you crazy? (This puzzel from SR2 kept me annoyed and stuck for 2 days straight btw.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: