Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Osama Bin Laden *bang* Right in the Noggin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Osama Bin Laden *bang* Right in the Noggin Reply with quote

Osama Bin Laden is finally dead. He resisted capture and was shot during a firefight. I am sure you guys have heard the more extensive information from the Internet/radio/media/peers.

However, there are people like European Union Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom who felt killing him was rash:

"It would have been preferred to see Osama bin Laden before a court."

What do you guys think? Who has a strong opinion on whether it was appropriate for us to kill or capture him and put him through the court process?

"Oh, I do. Pick me!"
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say "bout damn time!" I desired him dead. And if they did put him through the court had they caught him; I'd ho my way into the jury then be the ONLY hold out if people considered going against making him guilty. Then I'd want him to be tied up in a plane and have it crash into one of his land's tallest buildings.

Oh and if his culture loves death soooo much; how come he used one of his millions of wives as a human shield before he got shot? Hypocrite! xP
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while i would normally say everyone deserves a fair trial this is would be the one exception for me.

i am glad he was not taken alive.

i don't think a trial would have benefited anyone but osama and other radicals like him.
It would simply have gave him a podium to to help spread his ideology of hate and fear.
it would have turned into a circus much like saddams trial devolved into and i think would
helped to only further his cause by making him(and his message) that much more visible to the world.

also if we wanna be truthful there is no way he could have had a fair trial.
i don't believe there is any situation in which he could have been exonerated, the end cause would have been his execution.
a trial would simply have just delayed the inevitable(for many years) much to his delight and the dismay of our country and his victims around the world.

so yes i think killing him was appropriate as well as the best option.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." -Marianne Williamson-
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i don't believe there is any situation in which he could have been exonerated, the end cause would have been his execution.

I agree. There was a big chance...no, I can guarantee it that his trial would have neither been unbias/fair or merciful for his history. I imagine protesters on the outside of the courtroom with signs like, "Kill him! Put 3000 lives at peace!" In the end, whether it was killing him in the firefight or putting him in court, the end result was: death.

Quote:
how come he used one of his millions of wives as a human shield before he got shot?

I read that his wife rushed the US soldiers herself and got shot in the leg. She did not die. He most likely appreciated her getting in the way to give him more seconds of death though. P; LOL Oh this crude humor

EDIT: WOW. Glenn Beck thinks Osama Bin Laden is not really dead. For God's sake, we matched DNA and face recognition and everything.

"There is something bothering me and it has to do with the helicopter crash. Getting Osama Bin Laden out, and the fact that we know that Wikleaks says that al-Qaeda has nukes. And here we have the head of al-Qaeda and we shoot him. Reports coming from the Pentagon, he was unarmed. Now why would we shoot a guy? Did we get the information? Could we have done anything with that? Were poll numbers involved, or are we seeing a show? Is it possible that Osama Bin Laden has been ghosted out of his compound, and we’re seeing a show at this point? Watch the other hand. Watch the other hand.” -Glenn Beck

I knew there would be some conspiracy theories after this, but this is just ridiculous.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen beck is an idiot.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." -Marianne Williamson-
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say....WHAT?@Glenn Beck's theories....wow..just wow.. that's sad. I'm sorry but I cant find anything insulting enough to zing him with so I'll leave it to the expert:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: