Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
does it even matter if we exist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: does it even matter if we exist? Reply with quote

why does everyone care so much about it? why is it so entrancing to wonder if you exist or not? does it really matter? i don't mean to ask this harshly I'm actually curious
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probly cause some people are way too prideful. And for those who think they are big and important on an internet site like facebook or twitter etc are sad creatures.

Personally I dont give a crap, less people to bother me or mooch off me. I only have eight or six close comrades that I trust to watch my back. Other than that approach me with caution in the real word or I'll cut you. xP
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you are having an existentialist crisis, doesn't mean you have to make a thread. Join a church, buy a dog, etc. etc.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brianhjh wrote:
Just because you are having an existentialist crisis, doesn't mean you have to make a thread. Join a church, buy a dog, etc. etc.

>o<
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People care because the alternative is suicide. its easy to see the lesser of the two evils.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr no

But it can be fun
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brianhjh wrote:

Typical.

They answer is no. Infact, do you know how much better the world would be if we never even existed? If the human race really did go extinct what would be so bad? What, no more people fighting over stupid things? No more complicated subjects about ourselves? No more guns and games?

There's an Astroid threat in 2036, so what if it hits? We die out? We live? What would it matter anyways?

People are always afraid of dying and have nightmares about everyone dying once and for all, being the last one alive. Yes, it would be a depressing planet of nothing living other then plants, but is that really so bad just because we're not there to destroy it ourselves?
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUAjake wrote:
Brianhjh wrote:

Typical.

They answer is no. Infact, do you know how much better the world would be if we never even existed? If the human race really did go extinct what would be so bad? What, no more people fighting over stupid things? No more complicated subjects about ourselves? No more guns and games?

There's an Astroid threat in 2036, so what if it hits? We die out? We live? What would it matter anyways?

People are always afraid of dying and have nightmares about everyone dying once and for all, being the last one alive. Yes, it would be a depressing planet of nothing living other then plants, but is that really so bad just because we're not there to destroy it ourselves?

lol..oh man, I was going to respond...but i'll let it go...

flawed logic is flawed
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the asteroid would kill a lot more than just people.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But people are all anyone cares about. who cares if there are no more polar bears. I've only ever seen them in the zoo, I'm barely aware they exist.
Loonie_Leah
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if we exist or not. But, naturally, humans want to feel like they have a higher purpose. Live life to the fullest and enjoy it while you still can. Experience all there is to experience: Pain, Laughter, Love, and Anger... All those other emotions. Because their are so many humans, some people opt to bring purpose to their life by trying to change the lives of other people in a positive way. :]

It's not just about pride, but the wish to mean something more than just a product of evolution.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ There's something I like about you <333333
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Loonie_Leah
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's good to know! <3 And I'm just being honest! One of my friends brought up this topic a while back at School. Lol.
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humans think their so special, because of how many followers they get on twitter or friends on facebook, but really we are all just a bunch of dirt particles gathered together.

If man kind were simply wiped off the face of the earth, the planet would simply live on and regenerate all the sources that we have taken by greed, and it wouldn't matter if we were gone. Mankind is the one that is destroying planet earth, so If we were gone I'm sure the planet would get along quite fine without us. So in conclusion, no it doesn't matter if we exist to planet earth.

We do exist for some other reason, but that's not something I want to argue about.

If you agree or disagree with the last sentence I made there, it doesn't matter. becasue we all have our opinions. and of course they wouldn't matter if we didn't exist so who cares.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: