Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mortal Combat 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Mortal Combat 9 Reply with quote

Yes there was already a thread about this but it died sadly so putting up a new one.

You all know about this one, it's got xbox and ps3 exclusive characters....I believe a fella from HALO is on the xbox whereas the bamf himself Kratos is on the ps3. However that's not all; from the looks of it they did a good job cleaning up the series alittle with the story and graphics.

Have to say; LOVED it. The controls handle nicely and the graphics and enviroments are jaw droppingly badass. Plus the challanges and kyrpt are nice touches. Not to mention the spooky place you can check out what all you collected. I was a tad disappointed that Kratos didnt pop up in story mode...but least he gets his own ending in the arcade-ish mode so that kinda makes up for it. But hey they DO explain how he pops up in the game in the first place rather then just flinging him in with no reasoning whatsoever.

However I was disappointed there was hardly different types of entrances or different sayings to different players. Sure Kratos and Sub Zero's lines are awsome along with their entrances...but they get kinda stale after awhile.

But it gladly makes up for that with the tag team ablity....god nothing is more thrilling than chewing someone's face off as Mileena, then having Kratos zooming in tripping up your opponent; making him eat dirt while his carniverous lady friend runs to safety after hissing at said person. xP
And the battle damage....WICKED! And top notch; doesnt look as cheesy as it did in the past games. The X-ray move is also a job well done along with the return of the stage fatalities and of course....toasty~! xD
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rented it today.

so far having a blast with it.
story mode is pretty funny so far.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]just rented it today.

so far having a blast with it.
story mode is pretty funny so far.[/quote]

Johnny Cage is funny as hell in story mode...plus he has one of my fav moves...groin punch! <3333

Word of advice...run after punching Kratos in the groin or else you'll get lion guantlets to the face. x3x
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ended up buying this game,
guaranteed good times at a party.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is, im starting to get more badass with my signature choice character Kabal, along with my sidekick Noob or Kratos.

Plus good news is they brought in the master of nightmares to this already wicked game, good ol Freddy! However unless you have online and playstation store access, he's far out of reach along with the blind fella that kicks your ass with TK and a few others.

Also, can anyone tell me how to get ahold of the stage fatalities? For im getting bored of dropkicking my victems with Kabal before slicing them up and claiming their skulls for myself. =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: