Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mainpage Polls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrystalSabre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Mainpage Polls Reply with quote

Can't we have a new poll on the front page? It's past it's sell by date already and I can think up a number of subjects for the next one, like...

Favourite colour out of these options

Favourite game out of these titles

Best comedy of last year out of these titles

Best film of this year out of these titles

Favourite animal out of a selection of these options

The band you would rather like out of a selection of these titles

Wacom or Trust graphics tablets- which would you use?

Favourite drawing style out of a selection of these options...

The list goes on!!

Well, does that give you mods and such enough scope for a next poll? I'd be happy to include actual names/things and such in this, you know.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, for my response....I think the person who is doing the polls is busy. ;-;

Hopefully, he has time to pull up another one. I want the next one to be art-related! Like...what medium do you prefer more? Traditional or digital?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(There's more than one brand of tablet?)

I should stick this topic where everybody can see it -- we need some new poll ideas, alright.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
CrystalSabre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"](There's more than one brand of tablet?)

I should stick this topic where everybody can see it -- we need some new poll ideas, alright.[/quote]

Trust is a graphics tablet brand, dammit! Didn't you see?! Grr... Anyways, thanks for the response. Would you use any of them? The ones I suggested?

luckylace222: good suggestion. Now Strata-sama has some thinking to do with all these ideas!!
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrystalSabre, I don't think your poll ideas are particularly good. Most of them are pretty generic.

luckylace222 is more on the right track in terms of ideas.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The polls we had before were cool and all, but honestly, I could not get into consoles and favorite animes/cartoons when the list was incredibly limited. We should just go really broad and down it down to the subject of art, which we know at least this community can relate to. ;I

Question. Why did we start site polls up again? To see how much the FAC population is paying attention or for another reason?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]

Last edited by luckylace222 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls were on the todo list for a long time.

At some point someone (Sora121 I think) got around to coding them so in the release the were added site helpers started using them.

The poll feature exists, but there doesn't need to be a poll, it can be turned off.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the polls are a good idea to keep for the next update and all. They can evaluate the FAC's attention to the mainsite and can we can get their opinions on some things.

...We could even ask questions like, "What type of feature do you want to see on FAC most?"
1. Better color scheme/layout
2. More blog features
3. Events/contests
etc.
(Or even ask them what genre they want their next contest theme to be!)

We could start up a new poll around Halloween as well.
CrystalSabre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]I think the polls are a good idea to keep for the next update and all. They can evaluate the FAC's attention to the mainsite and can we can get their opinions on some things.

...We could even ask questions like, "What type of feature do you want to see on FAC most?"
1. Better color scheme/layout
2. More blog features
3. Events/contests
etc.
(Or even ask them what genre they want their next contest theme to be!)

We could start up a new poll around Halloween as well.[/quote]

Yeah! I like that poll. Do it, denis. Please? Anyways, mine were just there as guidelines. Doesn't matter to me if you deem them generic.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already at my limit for dealing with new features, but a poll about site contests could work with the contest stuff in the works.
CrystalSabre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cstdenis"]I'm already at my limit for dealing with new features, but a poll about site contests could work with the contest stuff in the works.[/quote]

Interesting. I'd like to see that in action.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Which is spookier?
It's nighttime and you're walking down the sidewalk. Right as you pass by it, a nearby streetlight...
Poll voting ends: 10/31/2011
The results are in!
...Randomly blinks on
0% (0/9)
...Randomly flickers off
100% (9/9)
[/quote]
xD I love how obvious the answer is for the site poll. The natural human fear is what we cannot see. I would feel lucky if the light flickered back on for me. I would think it was motion-censored!
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with lucky, im used to motion lights, I drive by one every night. And yes im kinda a neo-phobe mahself. xP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: