Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Rejected?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VampireWarith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Rejected? Reply with quote

I've never had anythting rejected... so why was my picture rejected?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should have givin you an e-mail with an explaination to why it was rejected. For example, my latest peice was rejected due to it's size and it did tell me this. However downscaling it and what not managed to have it accepted finally.
VampireWarith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email may have thought it was spam. But the size??? The picture pending is 1187x1636, but I already have one that's 1415x1223 and 1249x1642.

Last edited by VampireWarith on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that kinda confused me too. oO

And no doubt it was probly in the spam. x.x
My e-mail does the same thing, which is why I check it along with my inbox just incase.
VampireWarith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it may be too small, it can't create a thumbnail viewer and because I have already submitted 3 pictures today (trying to fix only one) I have to wait for tomorrow to try again.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was the one that rejected your picture.

Unless the picture is really extensive with details, and having a large resolution is the only way for the viewers to be able to see it it for all its glory, I usually reject pictures with widths near the 1100s, because they still require annoying scrolling (in exception to memes).

For your picture: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5010/812357.jpg

Putting the width near the 800 px range would not make it too small. I can actually see the whole part of the body without having to move across....I should be more lenient on that size rule though. Thanks for the heads up.

Just submit your picture again a little smaller (at least 950 px) for the next day, and I will look at it.

Thanks!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]

Last edited by luckylace222 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also a heads up to Lucky, all my pictures may appear big at first, but dont fret because I resize every single submission to the proper viewing size.

As I said before, my scanner is a derp and wont allow me to resize it through itself. And MS Paint is just good for making avatars IMO. xP

-sigh- I just wish the library wasnt soo dang far away. Xx
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't submit anything wider than 1000px - or 800 tall, if it's portrait dimensions. There are a few pictures that made it hard to see certain detail work on them, but to get around that, I just posted them at a larger size on Deviantart and linked to them from here.

I've never had anything rejected; just keep a good idea of how large the picture you're submitting is at full size, and if it's easily viewable, or just turns into ZOMG PENCIL LINES, haha.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] but dont fret because I resize every single submission to the proper viewing size. [/quote]
Okay! I will keep that in mind.

[quote]And MS Paint is just good for making avatars IMO. xP[/quote]
;-; MSPaint is not for amateurs. I've seen countless MSPaint artists with incredible skill in Paint. Some of them do not even have tablets.

BTW, Paint really can resize just fine and come out with decent quality. Upload your picture, resize it with the stretch/skew, and save it as a .png, which has better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjetKWntv8[/quote]
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry worded that wrong, I meant [i]my[/i] MS paint, only masterpeice I managed with it when I still dabbled with it was the final version of "His eyes cannot lie" and "Sharp Dressed man" xP

Everyone else though rocks with how they use it. I just prefer sticking to a pencil and paper.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a photoshop user myself, though I like experimenting with media. I have this urge to try something on MSpaint again, but darnit if all these projects don't have me buried! I have so many things going at once, I feel like I'll never finish a single one of them! XD
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had that artistic pressure with all the art-trades/projects/my own personal art ideas. Actually, I think I am still under it despite me being in school right now.

I need to work on those dang art-trades and that 1 place picture (and I promised I would have the picture done immediately!~ BAH HUM BUG). ;-; SCHOOL ≠ not good drawing environment

Did you finish your commission already?
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I screwed up on the hands (did the backwards- how nub am I?!) and had to redraw them, got frustrated, got tired of drawing all the webbing design on Spiderman's costume, and started playing World of Warcraft instead. I should really be slapped.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No....that sounds like the normal process of drawing a commission to me. Laughing

You think I got through all my previous art-trades and projects by just diligently doing them without any procrastination in between? OHOHOHO

DUDE. Now I have an idea. On the weekend, when all of my exams are finally done and I can rest a TINY bit, I should attempt to finish all my art-trades and gift art ALL IN ONE GO. -Without any giving into frustration or anything. Just keep on going.

Yeah. I'll do it.

...Unless I play Sims 2.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snort* Yeah. Good luck with THAT.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hint a sense of equivocation, but I'LL SHOW YOU!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: