Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Easier blocking methods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Easier blocking methods Reply with quote

Hate to post something like this, but just covering my rear incase it comes to this. But, say if a Troll sneaks under the radar after being banned once before, but upon joining in another name, goes insulting others in a differnt method? Like they insult you then quickly delete their message, or vote bad on your pictures and stories and you cant point them out cause voting is annonymous?

For example, you KNOW the person is a troll as in

You previously blocked : Ohlala1236
But then they hop on as : Ohlala1235 and act sneaky, preventing you from blocking them cause they refuse to leave a comment?

However im not sure if their is an easier way to block someone from touching your pics or profile etc, but if there is, please let me know.

And yes we all know reporting them is a must if they are a ban dodger or acting trollish, but to dial up users etc who get bombarded by tons of these sneaky actions, it's only a matter of time before the admins kick them out of FAC on their rears though the damage is already done.

So yeah, let's make the trolls have an even harder time causing chaos and learn cyber bullying is not tolerated.
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Easier blocking methods Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Hate to post something like this, but just covering my rear incase it comes to this. But, say if a Troll sneaks under the radar after being banned once before, but upon joining in another name, goes insulting others in a differnt method? Like they insult you then quickly delete their message, or vote bad on your pictures and stories and you cant point them out cause voting is annonymous?

For example, you KNOW the person is a troll as in

You previously blocked : Ohlala1236
But then they hop on as : Ohlala1235 and act sneaky, preventing you from blocking them cause they refuse to leave a comment?

However im not sure if their is an easier way to block someone from touching your pics or profile etc, but if there is, please let me know.

And yes we all know reporting them is a must if they are a ban dodger or acting trollish, but to dial up users etc who get bombarded by tons of these sneaky actions, it's only a matter of time before the admins kick them out of FAC on their rears though the damage is already done.

So yeah, let's make the trolls have an even harder time causing chaos and learn cyber bullying is not tolerated.[/quote]

As for the commenting and deleting, That does them absolutely no good, if you catch the name report it. Staff can confirm any and all comments, even if deleted.

[Admin edit: screenshots removed for privacy reasons]

As far as the voting goes, That is something Strata or Denis would have to address.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting is anonymous as far as the person receiving the vote is concerned.

There is some potential here for trollish behavior. The vote system was designed so that trolling votes don't matter because they are a drop in the bucket of many votes, but that system doesn't work as well as I'd like.

There is a plan to change the way votes are calculated which may lessen this effect, and in the new version the way votes are used means they have less impact.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah alright, good to see we are stepping up on the voting thing considering that would defiently put sneaky trolls on the radar and make it harder for them to vent on innocent bystanders.

And no worries, if I see a troll causing havoc on someone and no one's dealt with them, I'll be sure to alert the admins so that they can get kicked out. Sorry but I have an iron fist when it comes to trolls, if I see one I turn them in. xP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: