Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Religious Curiosity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Religious Curiosity Reply with quote

Just curious, but what is everyone's religion on here?

I really am interested in religion and its prospects. I wanted to take Intro to Religion for one of my university classes, but it was too full, haha.

I am actually agnostic. I believe there is still not enough evidence to prove there is a real "God."

This is [b]NOT[/b] a post to debate religion. I am just legitimately curious. Just post your views and why you believe them. -And yes, "Did she really just go on religion? Oh no she didn't!" *snap snap snap*
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is methodist but I dont really go to church. Though I do believe there is a god, not like im a satan worshipper or something. xP
Crazywhitegirl13
Would like fries with that

Location: In the back of my mind, tunneling through writers block

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I are Nazarene. I was born and raised with my church, and I go there every sunday.
CrystalSabre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atheist. Sorry about that.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agnostic or atheist, depending on how the news was that day....
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-----

Last edited by setzaroth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antiochian Orthodox.

I was born and raised a Catholic (as dictated by my Filipino background and purely Filipino parents XD), but after my sophomore high school year, I kinda felt detached to Catholicism.

As a result, I converted with my older brother to the Orthodox church.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of contribution to this thread; and no direct relation to anything. I choose not to conform or release information of the existance of any belief. I won't say I'm Atheist, or Christian, or Pastafarian. I believe nothing; and that's not my belief, that's a statement.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LUAjake"]For the sake of contribution to this thread; and no direct relation to anything. I choose not to conform or release information of the existance of any belief. I won't say I'm Atheist, or Christian, or Pastafarian. I believe nothing; and that's not my belief, that's a statement.[/quote]

that must be easy.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"][quote="LUAjake"]For the sake of contribution to this thread; and no direct relation to anything. I choose not to conform or release information of the existance of any belief. I won't say I'm Atheist, or Christian, or Pastafarian. I believe nothing; and that's not my belief, that's a statement.[/quote]

that must be easy.[/quote]
But of course.

The idea though for me is religion is pointless but overly contreversial, even if people have good reason in some debates. So I refrain from it entirely. Don't care. Don't tell.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you simply joined this conversation just to say you don't have anything to contribute to it.

Seems a bit redundant.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]So you simply joined this conversation just to say you don't have anything to contribute to it.

Seems a bit redundant.[/quote]
Not all opinions have to be debated, redundant or not, it changes nothing. Besides, I just gave my views on it, that contributes to it. I don't have to speak likr Richard Dawkins en a religious subject for my point of view to be valid still.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Not all opinions have to be debated, redundant or not[/quote]
I know this irrelevant, but:

Opinion is always debatable. Fact is not.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in knowing that I know nothing
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then how do you know you know nothing?
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because all i know is that i know nothing.
Dire_Bear
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly recommend you take a college course in world religions. It's very interesting and enlightening. I'm not religious myself.

I find deism to be an interesting concept; the belief that there was some higher power that made the rules for everything and let it go off on its own. Deists do not believe in miracles or supernatural events, because a god does not intervene in the workings of the universe.

I fancied with the idea, for a little while, that we had a "lifestream-type" reincarnation system, where your life force returns to the earth and may come back as something else.
Austadophilus
Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty spiritual and open-minded spiritual person leaning towards Wicca. I basically believe there is a god and a goddess. Two halves of a whole deity. I know it's kinda out there, but I always like a balanced force out there. I also believe in reincarnation.

i love reading on mythologies and religion, so yeah. XD
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Christian. My parents are from different sectors of the Protestant tradition. I guess you might argue that I just never cut the umbilical to my parents' beliefs, but I do believe I've at least partially claimed them for my own. Part of what reinforced me was a series of experiences which were personally meaningful, but which my brother would be inclined to dismiss as coincidences or imagination.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a Christian. I don't particularly associate with any denomination because I believe directly from the Bible, and choose to study and understand it rather than have someone else tell me what they think it means. I'm one of those people who doesn't only believe on blind faith; I can explain when I believe and back it up, rather than just saying, "The Bible says so so it's true." It leads to some really fun discussions, and surprisingly, very few debates/arguments! :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: