Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Smoking is bad...for moniters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Smoking is bad...for moniters Reply with quote

Yeah my dang gateway 2000 crystal screen moniter started spitting out smoke last night and did the vertical line of doom before blacking out. I unplugged it and shut the computer off and disconnected it the hard way to prevent further fire hazards. Still smells like burning plastic in my comp room but everything else is fine. -knocks on wood-

Oh goodie, oldfart moniter hunting agains~! =___=

So yeah, wont be stalking the forums as I usually do til I get a new one...which I pray is SOON. Cause I got soo many damn pics to scan and I WONT scan em at the library. -shifty eyes.-

So til then, be crazy without me unless its a weekday and im not distracted by KH or DP artwork. -rolls off cursing all the way- Only on the friggin holidays, wonderful year this is turning out to be! Dx
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you had that monitor?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to get one before the boxing week sales end.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I've had the moniter for god knows how long. (2007 ish, but it was already used when I got my hands on it) It's been with me for awhile so im not surprised that it's calling it quits now. My previous moniter was just as old too. Hopefully I can get more than one moniter; that way if another one kicks the bucket on me; I can pull out the next one and not go through this headache of comp withdrawl again. xP
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't tell ya...I finally retired my decade-old dinosaur ('puter) over two years ago, and went to a laptop...I just couldn't deal with the slowness of its very much outdated processor in dealing with the higher byte demands of present-day apps and internet browsing...

I got good years out of it, tho...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: