Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sockpuppets, pest or postive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Sockpuppets, pest or postive? Reply with quote

I choose the former on this. I can understand if a few users forgot their SNs or PWs and had to make a whole new account...but i've seen a few that are starting to REALLY grate on my nerves. They are making multiple sockpuppets to do a few of the following:

1: Rp some silly character that they will forget in three months tops and jump onto the next new bandwagon.

2: To act as a 'companion' of the original user when it's obvious they are the same user since neither is on at the same time.

3: To act as fans and fav every peice the original user posts up. While other hard working artists art gets barely recognized and their dreams of being in Most Popular get dashed due to this ridiculus self serving act.

I know a few of them have been doing this too because I find it ironic how all these fans have NO art up whatsoever while their favorite 'artist' has all the pictures. Plus they all have a similiar theme to their usernames. Example: Original artist in a Pokemon phase, all the fans and boyfriend/girlfriend are also pokemon crazy and have pokemon adorning their profile like the original artist.

Suddendly, artist no longer likes pokemon but now Inuyasha. Old boyfriend/girlfriend vanishes and a new one with an Inuyasha sn takes their place along with a whole throng of new Inuyasha fans.

Come on ppls we need to tie a noose around this bad habit before it gets far too out of control. We need to teach these users it's WRONG to do this to get yourself popular! Your name and art alone should be enough to give you fame. And if not, work harder at your art! That's what got me to get off my butt. I didnt start making up stupid sockpuppets left and right along with an imaginary boyfriend with an Itachi name cause im currently into that ninja! >_>
No I worked harder on my art, started taking tips from other artists with coloring and shading, and that's why I have more attention payed to me nowadays. No sockpuppets, real people. So if I can do it peeps, you can too, so stop with the fake names and pick up a pencil and get to proving yourself to others you can make real fans! And if you are already good at art, bravo. But dont sit there and make yourself look like an attention depraved jerk and steal away the attention from other potentiol artists by swarming FAC with all your fake usernames.

That is all. I didnt mean to offend anyone by the way, but I have noticed this problem and wanted to shine some light on it before it got to be too late. -bows-
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go! "Sockies" are often troublesome...Some tend to make trouble just for its own sake...Others, unfortunitely can be thieves in disguise, ready to take someone's intellectual property and pass it off as their own on other sites, or even places where they can receive quick monetary compensation...Do not take them lightly!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes that's another threat too! Or for the sake of protecting their original sn, dawn a sockpuppet name just to insult others. This of course has backfired greatly though. But still the other examples of sockpuppeting are still at large alas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: