Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How do I change my file location?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bioluminescence
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: How do I change my file location? Reply with quote

You know how it says like C:Jacob>My Documents.

How do I change where it says Jacob? Changing my profile name in the Control Panel doesn't do it.

I'm using Windows XP for the record.
aceman67
Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I've used XP (haven't since the vista release candidate came out). But if memory serves me correctly, should be as simple as Right clicking the folders in question (My Docs, My Music, My Pics, My Videos), and opening their properties, that should allow you to change the system location of them, like say to another hard drive (had to do that with my music folder when I was running xp).
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, "C:Jacob>My Documents" is not a valid path and doesn't make sense.

Second, renaming your user folder will probably horribly break things -- if Windows will even let you do it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: