Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
"Waiting for www.fanart-central.net to respond"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: "Waiting for www.fanart-central.net to respond" Reply with quote

[quote]I have a little problem with uploading my pictures. Basically I fill everything out and click "submit", but then it stays on "Waiting for www.fanart-central.net to respond". And it stays like that for an hour until it pops up that the server isn't responding.

The picture is not larger than 1200pixels in any angle, it's a PNG on 1,37MB. I wanted to add it through picture or animation from my computer. I would add it in Miscellaneous->Characters->Male.

Do you know what the problem could be? I haven't uploaded anything in some time, hopefully that's not the problem.
- Rosendahl
[/quote]
Is anyone else having this submitting problem? I have not encountered it myself, and I told her to wait until the next day, but the same problem is occurring. Any ideas on what the problem is?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder why a PNG is 1.37 MB in size. Not that it's an incredibly large amount of bandwidth by today's standards, but still.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Rosendahl
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with a picture of that size ever, that's why I wonder it's a problem now.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.37MB is kind of excessively large for a picture of that size.

But unless you have a really slow internet connection that should still not be a big problem. The server will give you like 10 min for the upload to finish before timing out. Then up to another 10 min to process it before it gives up.

If it sits at waiting for more than 20 min, the problem pretty much has to be on your end because the server would have given up on your by then.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I appear to yet again have the uploading problem, I don't know what fixed it last time, but it simply happened after telling them, that it wasn't my connection that was a problem, which they tried to put on me.

I just don't know what does it.

If it usually works as I usually upload PNG around the size of 1,5MB and use Firefox, I won't just change browser to make it work, because it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also the also the last time I had this problem I tried converting to smaller sizes and other picture files, but it doesn't work, it's simply the Fanart-Central server or what so ever, that is not responding at all.

JPEG doesn't work, nothing works, it's simply just waiting for the site to reply. This is the only page that was problems, never have problems with connection with anything else, nothing has changed by my connection, and if it had problems uploading, that would be a problem with all pages, but it isn't. I don't know what kind of evidence that they want to see, to make them understand that it is not my connection, because showing them my settings or what so ever, will look the same, working or not.[/quote]
It looks like she is having trouble again with uploading. Somehow, before, she was able to upload again, but she could not figure out how. Now that the same phenomenon is happening, I am honestly not sure what could be causing the problem- and why she is the only one having trouble. Sad
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5MB is a rather large size for a png.

Most likely cause is network issue at her end or her ISP causing very slow upload speeds (Possibly specific to the area where FAC's servers are located).

To determine if it's an upload speed problem, a bandwidth monitor program like DUMeter can be used: http://www.hageltech.com/dumeter/download

If there is still data being sent while it is "waiting on the site to respond" then it's not actually waiting for the reply, but still transmitting the file.

The next step after that is confirmed is to use a tracert to fanart-central.net to determine where the network problem is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: