Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
semi Realistic drawing tips anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantom223

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: semi Realistic drawing tips anyone? Reply with quote

I've been trying to draw semi-realistic drawings, and so far it's going...um Okay I guess.

Is there any tips on how draw semi-realistic drawings
the things I've been having trouble drawing are:
-Facial detail
-eyes
-lips
-hands/feet (no.1 rival )
- anatomy, I draw men to much and draw them too muscular, and I can't draw woman, however I do have a basic idea on drawing muscles.

and that's about it, so far.

Most times I attempt To draw semi-realistic drawing I give up before I flip my table

[img]http://t.qkme.me/35onan.jpg[/img]

-oops too late for that now
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

First step to improving realism: Copy realism. Attempt drawing hot real women!

http://gorillathemes.com/demo/celebritypress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/gall1.jpg
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
phantom223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD
I think I have tried that a few times when I was younger XD

we do that in art class to. I may post a few pictures of them.
mdvillarreal
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're still learning and trying to get a better grasp on anatomy and how the body is assembled, there's no better tool than to study from life. Your best bet would be to study nude models and draw those. I wouldn't recommend trying to draw clothed figures right now simply because if one doesn't understand the underlying structure, clothing on top of it will not look right. When I draw, I usually draw everybody naked first, and then go through and add whatever clothing I need.

Hands and feet are the bane of every artist simply because of how complex they are (fingers especially). Your best reference for that besides stock photos online is to use your own hands as a reference. Use a mirror or take a picture with a camera and study from that as needed.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a little weird to say, but drawing anime was my "practice" for realism. I took it one step at a time.

Giant Eyes, Kiddy Drawings -> Medium-sized eyes, working on front-face body -> Smaller eyes, more variation with body positions and hands/feet -> Proportional small eyes, naked body sketches -> Realism sketch (very brief and full of details/shading, not as proportional -> Colored realism sketches

I am still around the realism sketch and colored realism stage, but basically, you do not HAVE to rush right into realism. You can draw what you like (anime/fun chaotic kid scenes) and slowly develop/improve your style to be able to incorporate those realistic elements--- and your body will learn while you are at it!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: