Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Video game myths, creepypastas, easter eggs, legends, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creation_Forest
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Video game myths, creepypastas, easter eggs, legends, etc. Reply with quote

Well, I started this topic mainly because I am really interest on what other people know of. Also because I am really interested in this.

So, I know a couple of stories that people may not know about so I really want to share them. Smile
----
I'm not even joking about this one, wow. I considered this a video game, but you can think otherwise.
[b]The Hall of Tortured Souls:[/b]
Many users of Microsoft Excel 1995 found something oddly disturbing in their software. If you do a series of things in Excel you can reach a hidden game (only in Excel 1995).

1. Open a new file.

2. Scroll down to row 95.

3. Click on the row 95 button, which will highlight the entire row.

4. Press tab to move to the second column.

5. With your mouse, click Help, then click on About Microsoft Excel.

6. Press ctrl-alt-shift and click on the Tech Support button simultaneously.

7. A window will appear with the title, Hall of Tortured Souls (I'm not even joking, Microsoft named it this. Something up Micro?). The hall looks like a scene from Doom. Using your mouse, move around the chamber. On the wall you will see endless lists of names scrolling on the walls under the heading "Tortured Souls".

8. Go to the flight of stairs, walk up the stairs, then come back down and position your cursor in front of the blank wall and type in EXCELKFA.

9. The blank wall will open and reveal a secret passage. Move down the passage, be careful not to fall off the edge. At the end of the passage a terrible secret will be revealed to you (I don't know the secret.).
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asBKSzTCAoo

True or False? True. I've done this on a school compute once. I gotta do a spreadsheet on Excel tomorrow, maybe I'll do it again.

----

[b]The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask --Ben Drowned :[/b]

This is a creepypasta for The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask (as well as a video series on Youtube).
I'm gonna link the story because it is too long. It is about a guy who buys a haunted game cartridge of Majora's Mask from a garage sale.
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/BEN_%28Aka_Haunted_Majora%27s_Mask%29

True or False? False, the author admitted to it being fake, but it is still pretty spooky.

-----

[b]Super Mario Galaxy 2 -- The Shadow People of Hell Valley[/b]

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/55227.jpg?v=1

This one is a video game version of Slender Man. They have been seen in other levels in the Shiverburn Galaxy. People think they are alien villagers watching from afar, some think they are those giants in Majora's Mask.

Someone was curious enough to start going through the files of the game, it started getting a bit screwed up. The sky patter for the area is called "BeyondHellValley," even though "Hell Valley" isn't the name of ANY level in Mario Galaxy. It also sounds to inappropriate to even put in a Mario game!
Alright, now get this, the figures we are seeing are called "HellValleySkyTree." WTF is a SKYTREE. Well, continuing, they're supposed to be some sort of tree. Here's the image file:
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/9/55229.jpg?v=1
Does this look like a tree?

Some people claim that "Hell Valley" is the Japaneses name for the level or that this was a name of the beta level. But this doesn't explain why they're there.
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/3/0/55230.jpg?v=1
-----
[b]
World of Warcraft -- Hidden Dungeons and Possessed Children[/b]

There is a unused dungeon just outside a game area called Karazhan. It's a dungeon that was apparently scrapped partway through development, and in front of the entrance is an impassable gate. But just as with that old abandoned mine outside of town, you can sneak in (in this case, you can get around the gate by way of various glitches). And inside, you find tons of people hung upside-down and giant chains.
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/3/5/55235.jpg?v=1

The first town you get to after the human starting area is a place called Goldshire, and it has its own dark secret. A house on the edge of Crystal Lake, which is just east of town, is normally empty. At 7 a.m. on the game's server clock, however, you can sometimes catch six little kids in the room, standing in a strange formation:
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/3/4/55234.jpg?v=1
They're standing in a pentagram formation.
Some players have heard strange noises, like banshee screams or the voice of C'Thun, a former high-end boss ripped straight out of the Cthulhu Mythos, saying, "You will die." You can even follow them from Stormwind City, the human capital, all the way to the house, and they never break their cute little pentagram formation the whole way.

The music is completely custom, found nowhere else in the game, and if there's one thing Blizzard likes even more than re-using art, it's re-using music. (If you don't believe us, go to any inn in the game.) That means it wasn't some lone weirdo who programmed these kids' behavior. They had to get the music department to construct an all-new piece to go along with them.
----

Portal-- GLaDOS Bound and Gagged

If you ever look at GLaDOS you see a mess of wires and junk. But if you look closely you can see she resembles a human figure hanging upside-down. That's not a coincidence: If you play through the game with the commentary track on, Jeremy Bennett, the game's art director, says, "Eventually, we settled on a huge mechanical device with a delicate robotic figure dangling out of it, which successfully conveys both GLaDOS' raw power and her femininity."
Originally, according to Bennett, she resembled an upside-down version of Botticelli's "Rise of Venus"
But her final model doesn't really look like that at all. The posture is all wrong. In fact, the people at game-ism.com think she looks more like a woman who has been bound and gagged:
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/4/2/55242.jpg?v=1

-----

Myth -- Polybius

Polybius was a game that appeared in a few arcades in Portland, Ore, for a short time in 1981. The cabinet was supposedly completely black (minus the logo), and the game was supposed to be very similar to Atari's shoot 'em up Tempest, except for the addition of Pac-Man-type mazes and logic puzzles, and the fact that it drove people insane. Kids hooked on the game began experiencing side effects like nausea, sleep disturbance and aversion to video games.

Some sources claim the side effects were more violent: selective amnesia, horrifying nightmares, suicidal tendencies and "the inability to become sad."

According to an unnamed arcade owner, men in black coats could be seen collecting data from the machines, leading some to believe that the whole thing was a CIA-type experiment.

Anyway, the only "evidence" of the game's existence, so far, is a screencap of the title screen and a black and white photo of the cabinet :
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/6/4/55264.jpg?v=1
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/6/7/55267.jpg?v=1
Of course, it seems kinda convenient that the story of Polybius surfaced only within the past decade or so, presumably when the people who witnessed the events in the first place all went, "You know that mind-fucking video game from '81? In retrospect, that was rather odd." Obviously, the part about the men in black seems like something made up by someone trying to be creepy on a message board.

----
The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. From beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.
~Lion-Turtle
pacman64dx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the easter eggs I remember is Devil Bottles for Banjo-Tooie. It was something that you could only do if you had a GameShark for your Nintendo 64. Basically, it was a feature that would let someone on player two to control the enemies, but it was never put into the final game.

As for Creepypasta, don't even go near the Sonic CD sound test secret. That creeped me out so bad, I almost went insane.
Creation_Forest
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pacman64dx"]As for Creepypasta, don't even go near the Sonic CD sound test secret. That creeped me out so bad, I almost went insane.[/quote]

Well, I do like my mind. Smile
Soooo, okay.
The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. From beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.
~Lion-Turtle
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres TONS in skyrim...itd be easier for you to youtube them
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time [i]you[/i] commented?!

The Skyrim world is SO HUGE I am scared we have not found them all yet.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what? Me? HAHA, i'm like a phantom on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: