Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Curiosity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you rather a friend be:
Honest about why they are changing plans.
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Lie about it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Ragdoll
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Curiosity. Reply with quote

How would you guys react if you found out that your friend was being dishonest about why they break off plans that you guys had to talk or hang out? Like, say:

"I'm tired."

But, you find out, in reality they were awake and hanging out with someone else or doing something other than what they promised.

It has happened once or twice with me and I caught my friend in the lie, so I'm curious what you guys think about the 'white' lies people tell because they don't think you can handle the truth.
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell em "Hey be truthfull with me if you cant hangout. I dont care if you have to go save the world from a rabid mongoose, just be honest about it rather than keep it a secret." Or something to that degree.

So yeah, I dont like ppls that lie about their plans. xP
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Hey be truthfull with me if you cant hangout. I dont care if you have to go save the world from a rabid mongoose, just be honest about it rather than keep it a secret."

LOL

Quote:
It has happened once or twice with me and I caught my friend in the lie, so I'm curious what you guys think about the 'white' lies people tell because they don't think you can handle the truth.

That is not a "white lie." Knowing a friend has blatantly lied about what they are doing or why they are doing something, which causes you to have to change your plans or be disappointed, is a significant lie. I am not big on any type of lie.

The actual question is "Could you handle the truth if she did tell you?" If so, then tell her straight-up it is best to tell you the truth. It stinks, but at least it will not lead to any drama afterwards. If you cannot handle the truth, then maybe she is right in telling you otherwise because there is more benefit (having her own plans) than cost (you freaking out).

Really, it depeneds on the person.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: