Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Centering Text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Centering Text Reply with quote

Ok, so, I been like away from FAC for so long, get bored then came back. I find that this site has a whole new layout with a bunch of changes. Ya know, it's alright. I kinda like it actually. Anyways, I go and edit my profile. Change the info box. Looks different, so I messed around a little somewhat. With the color changing, bold, italic and underline features. I even had this coding to align my text so it is centered on my profile. But in the mist of editing, I encountered a couple weird issues. Sometimes when I edited my profile, save it then go edit it again my info box would come up empty. So I refill it, and then my center code thing stopped working. I fixed my profile info but the center code still won't work.
I did roam around the forums recently to see whats going on. I found out that there was a recent update that happened recently? I don't know. I don't even know whats going on. I thought maybe it was my firefox, as its the browser I mainly used. I went and tried on google chrome, I have it too if firefox is being a tard. But it still wouldn't work.

Any ideas guys? Can anyone tell me whats going on?
[i][b][color=#330033]SHHH GUYS DON'T LOOK!! O.O.....You will scare the wild mountain dew away.[/color][/b][/i]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My center alignment works on my profile.

I suggest you press "Source," which presents all the HTML formatting that we are used to from the old FAC version, and make sure there is a [ align=center ] and [ align ] around your wanted text. I noticed that the new text box may be aesthetically pleasing and a little easier to understand, but it still glitches with basic formats like alignment. When you copy and paste from other websites into the FAC textbox, other formatting problems ensue as well. I think Denis said he was looking into it... I am not sure. MY MEMEROY BLURS
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is. I wrote that coding out cause I have it memorized. Since I do use it a lot. And its there in the box around my text like it should be and always there when I go to edit my profile info.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/KinkyKitten88/jfdjvjfkdlf344_zpsa589cd6b.jpg

Just for some reason it won't work when I keep clicking save. And it was working even with the updated description box interface thingy. Cause I was spending a day, couple days ago....well more like night, to edit my profile info. Then it suddenly stopped working.

I wonder if I broke it with editing to much at once lol
[i][b][color=#330033]SHHH GUYS DON'T LOOK!! O.O.....You will scare the wild mountain dew away.[/color][/b][/i]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the tag is [center], not [align].
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]I'm pretty sure the tag is [center], not [align].[/quote]

Well, [align] is what I use on another site and it centers my text perfectly fine. And it WAS working already so it is [align] but for some reason it suddenly stopped working. I used like every code I could think of to try and get it to work and neither worked.

Funny thing is I even tried [center] and it still didn't work.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it should be [ align = center ] [ /align ].

The screenshot is really small. I see a [ align = center ] but not a [ /align ]. If there is one, try moving it to a previous paragraph so there is less for the text box to center, and see if it works there.

Better yet, press Source and rewrite a simple sentence with the correcting aligning coding on your profile, and press Save. See if that sentence aligns correctly. I remember having some trouble with my alignment when we switched to the new site version. I think I fixed it by having many center aligns in separate paragraphs instead of the whole text box.

Here is a question: Why do you want your whole profile to be centered again??
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry about the screenshot. I shouldn't have put them together. It's why photobucket shrank the image I guess.

Anyways, I figured out something. I did what you said, Lucky. I tried centered the first line on my profile only. It didn't work. So I went to the bottom of everything made a NEW sentence line and tried to center it. That is when it worked. It centered on my profile. Then it begged the question in why the first line didn't center and why this new one did. It was because the text was a different color then black. I color coded my profile to make it look nice. Apparently, it couldn't center that. Which is weird cause it centered like when I first tried it.

So, it just doesn't want to centered colored text. And the reason I wanted to center my profile is because it makes it look nicer. Having everything centered under the profile picture. It's not really important to me to center. I just like to do it that's all.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you nest tags can matter somewhat.

[color=red][align=center]test[/align][/color] <== May not work (a div should not be inside a span)
[align=center][color=red]test[/color][/align] <== Should work fine
xAmiDarkfieldx
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that I did not know, Denis. I managed to color code my profile and have it centered. I had to click Source and make sure the coding was in the right spot.
It has worked. I didn't realize the coding as I clicked the colors choices it gave me. So didn't occur to me the placement of the coding around the text.

I managed to fix it, thanks.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The editor is not always smart enough to do the nesting completely right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: