Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have yahoo not hotmail so i would not know about that

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted another problem I noticed, IT WENT TO ITS OWN FORUM THOUGH.

WHAT THE CRAP?! WHY IS MY LIFE SO IRONIC?!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably just hit "new topic" thinking it was "new reply". Happens.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what happened. *facepalms myself, sighs* I'm kinda scatterbrained sometimes, but everyone makes mistakes. Sorry about that!
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized. Where are the cool site helper tags for administrators/moderators/site helpers? ;A; I MISS MINE

EDIT: Also, there is no "User" search filter for the search engine, so I must find FAC users through Google. Was this taken out on purpose, or was it overlooked? Typing in the username regularly in the search bar does not give the user's pictures unless their actual names are noted in the keywords/description.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User search: It ended up being pretty gimped for normal users a while back for security/privacy reasons. As a site helper, you may not have noticed.

Seems pointless since all you can search on it the username, and that you can just type into the url /user/theusername
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh! I did not think about URL! However, if we remember only reminiscent of a username, the FAC search bar would be practically useless. ;__;

Also, if you press "All" to see All Comments on a picture page, and you are already on the last page of comments, it shows you the last page instead of all of the comments.

Edit: Also, for a comment I created on another user's profile (the comment was long and had one small picture),after typing up a comment in Source and then going to non-source, it deleted my whole comment. I cannot seem to figure out why, since short comments go from Source to non-Source just fine.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: WHAT THE CRAP?!! Reply with quote

I was editing a story, and NOW IT'S HIDDEN.

I feel like this site is KILLING MY ENJOYMENT now Crying or Very sad[/i]
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if it has to do with the new layout but every time i select the Anime/Manga category for a new picture it says that the Category is "locked".

any help?

[End Message]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is; the select box should be updating automatically to show you the subcategories to pick from.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, is that a SPELL CHECK I sense in the main page text box? THANK BUDDHA ALMIGHTY
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...your browser not have one built-in?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

;___; Ever since the new site version happened, all my comments did not have the red lines anymore. I used Google Chrome. I had to download a Google Chrome extension called "ginger" to spell check.

I just deactivated Ginger and noticed my text box spell-checked itself finally with something called WebSpellChecker.net. It was not there before.
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice that since I have the picture icons set to large, the random submissions part of the menu gets hidden behind one of the featured pictures.
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/OrTsg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/OrTsg.gif[/img][/url]
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been having trouble with this;

With growing frequency, I'll attempt to comment on a picture, only to hit "submit" and have nothing happen. It doesn't eventually send, it doesn't double-post... Literally, nothing happens, and if I try to give that same picture a vote, clicking the smiley face yields the message "CSRV token cannot be verified." I'm not exactly sure what's going on; Usually, if I switch computers, or switch to my Kindle Fire, I can manage to submit the comment, but it doesn't seem to matter which computer I'm using, it still happens at random. I've even tried restarting said computer. Any suggestions?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="yuai77"]I did notice that since I have the picture icons set to large, the random submissions part of the menu gets hidden behind one of the featured pictures.[/quote]
I mentioned that too in the beginning of the post:

"14. When you hover over a menu, the picture can sometimes block it a little.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3857/46174718.png "

Denis's reply: 14. This is because the ad is missing. With the ad back there is enough space.

-Although, I would rather not disable my AdBlock just so I can see the menu. ): I wonder if there is a way to actually have the menu appear OVER the pictures.

[quote]With growing frequency, I'll attempt to comment on a picture, only to hit "submit" and have nothing happen. It doesn't eventually send, it doesn't double-post... Literally, nothing happens, and if I try to give that same picture a vote, clicking the smiley face yields the message "CSRV token cannot be verified." I'm not exactly sure what's going on; Usually, if I switch computers, or switch to my Kindle Fire, I can manage to submit the comment, but it doesn't seem to matter which computer I'm using, it still happens at random. I've even tried restarting said computer. Any suggestions?[/quote]
When did this start happening? I have not heard or seen this problem before!
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started happening to me about a week ago. And maybe it has nothing to do with the site, but is just my own dumb luck! I seem to always find the most obscure technical glitches that don't affect anyone else! LOL
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not be so sure of that. It may have been because I bumped this thread, but there have been some random technical glitches that FACers are bringing up all of a sudden.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be good to know if other people have been experiencing this, but very few members really use the forums. I should start trying to encourage people towards them a bit.
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh thanks stardustdrake, no wonder it dident work.... i feel like such a moron eight now ^.^

[End Message]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: