Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Playstation 4 announced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Playstation 4 announced Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bf told me about this...if anyone doubts how fast techology is moving, this is proof of their error in judgement. Now PS3 is gonna feel like the ps2 before long and well...poor PSX T_T
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend and I were just discussing this and how irritating it is that the new systems are no longer backwards-compatible. They want you to re-buy everything on virtual consoles, and what's more, apparently the goal is to make it so your physical copy of the game will key automatically to your console once you make a save file, in effect making the disk useless in any other system. Ever.

Lovely. So if your expensive new game system ever breaks, not only do you have to replace IT, but every game you bought for it? Screw that. *Plays NES.*
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still updating myself with the DS.

The world needs to stop working so fast for me.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="K_Pepper"]My boyfriend and I were just discussing this and how irritating it is that the new systems are no longer backwards-compatible. They want you to re-buy everything on virtual consoles, and what's more, apparently the goal is to make it so your physical copy of the game will key automatically to your console once you make a save file, in effect making the disk useless in any other system. Ever.

Lovely. So if your expensive new game system ever breaks, not only do you have to replace IT, but every game you bought for it? Screw that. *Plays NES.*[/quote]

They are supposedly making the games streamable via gaikia, and I've never EVER heard of this "keying" thing. Im a regular around the official playstation forums and nobody has mentioned that. The reasons ps3 games wont play on the Ps4 is because the ps3 used a weird cell processor, and the ps4 has a common PC architecture.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They already do the keying thing for pretty much any PC game. There's just been mention of moving the idea over to consoles. It's not strictly Sony; it's sort of an "in general" thing, though there's always the chance they'll do it with the next system that's coming out... It's basically a move to shoot down the used game industry.
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woww...PS4! They've only been promising it for the last 2 1/2 years... Razz

Guess they wanted to wait until the 360 family got old...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: