Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Walking Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: The Walking Dead Reply with quote

I like this show. I've always been into the whole zombie fad, since I played RE3 years ago. And then when that fad reached cinema, I thought it was awesome. I didn't like all zombie flicks, or all video games.

I've always been interested in present day post-apocalyptic stories. I can't stand futuristic post-apocalyptic stories like Mad Max, Doomsday, or anything where hard metal spiked mohawk headbanger punk assholes are the antagonists.

The zombie apocalypse is awesome though. Haven't you ever wondered how you'd fair in a zombie apocalypse? Would you be able to survive? Would you be able to kill yourself if you are suddenly infected? Or kill a loved one if they are? Or would you go crazy before any of this even happens?

Anyway, this show is about such an apocalypse, and the survival of a small group of people. I think it's a great idea for a series, because they have so much more room to let the story grow in 45 minute episodes over a season. So far it's been interesting, the makeup for the zombies is very well done. And the drama is pretty decent. I'm just happy I found another show to keep me entertained, a genre I actually have interest in.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the show.

its one of my favorite shows right now.

i have been a fan of the comic book for years so my only problem with the show is a lot of the time i know what is going happen.
not really a complaint against the show just makes me wish i had never really read the comic so it would have more of an unknown element to me.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as the show continues there are some added elements, at least to the days gone bye arc. there are some new characters it looks like. I enjoy the show, it's quiet though, it works with the zombie movie feel, but I'd like a show on AMC not have all these long drawn out silences.
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only watched the first season and I'm halfway the second.
I really enjoy watching it though! It kept surprising me and it isn't like all the other zombie movies/series.
By the way.. those guys their names were Shane and Rick right? I keep forgetting for some sort of reason .. I only recall Rick saying Shane's name on the most weirdest way ever. x) I love it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: