Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New laptop, Yes or No?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: New laptop, Yes or No? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
So I've been thinking about buying a new laptop as mine is almost giving up on me.
Problems:
1. My battery has to be replaced.
2. My USB-ports aren't working the right way, so I might have to replace them or take a look inside to see if everything is actually connected.
3. Parts of my screen freeze at random moments.
4. My graphic card has to be replaced. But that's not that important to me.

So I want to hear what you guys think, buy a new one or stick with this one until I have enough money to buy a good one.

And another question ;
If I'd save up, what laptop should I take.

Why a laptop;
I have to move around a lot so a laptop is just really important to me. A computer was too expensive and i also have no room for it at my dad's place.

Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given your situation, I'd take a chance on a more powerful laptop...Thanks to technological advancements now, laptops have incredible power for multitasking, especially for on-the-go applications...The major drawbacks are they still have a shorter lifespan than desktops, especially with heavy use, and you really can't upgrade any components inside...You're kind of stuck with what you've got, so you'd probably want to get something you feel that will exceed the capacity of what you're going to ask of it...In my opinion, Pro MacBooks are best suited, but they tend to get very much on the pricey side, especially with apps/programs configured for Mac OS platforms...

If you're into serious gaming however, I'd still stick with the desktop because you CAN upgrade and expand their capacities (and in some cases, you have to), and laptops, even those configured for gaming, never seem to have adequate cooling, whereas with desktops, you can always add another fan, or liquid cooling apparatus to combat the heat...

Whatever works best... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mainly surf the Internet, I heard Google Chromebooks are cool!

If your computer still works OCCASIONALLY, keep it, and save up money to get a GOOD, STURDY computer. If it breaks too easily, the repair costs afterwards would be counter-productive. If your old laptop HARDLY works, your best choice (if you need the computer) is to buy one soon. Go off the reviews, ratings, seller, etc.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I;ll wait for a while, it's semi-working as long as I dont open too much. Thanks darlings! Love you ♥
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: