Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why hasn't Sony made computers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Why hasn't Sony made computers? Reply with quote

I've always liked their products, I've had a playstation and playstation 2 for years now and have never had a problem. Heck I even dropped my ps2 by accident and it still works. So if they make good products why can't they take a snap at making computers?
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they don't want to have to compete with Microsoft on two fronts.

Well, think about it. Xbox360 is losing to PS3. If they were to split their efforts, maybe Xbox360 = PS3, or worse, Xbox360 > PS3.
[url=http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/newaccount.do?invNickname=4c596976577061217c2a50323f452249f9ee5d6f76286b0d48fef26af4fa55c4&visit=friend][img]http://img.tinierme.com/common/img/banner/banner_friendInvite02.gif[/img][/url]
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ oh yeah, that makes sense. Shame.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blackcatcurse"]Because they don't want to have to compete with Microsoft on two fronts.

Well, think about it. Xbox360 is losing to PS3. If they were to split their efforts, maybe Xbox360 = PS3, or worse, Xbox360 > PS3.[/quote]
What the hell are you talking about? 360 gets more sells than that shitty black/silver block. The only place it fails in, is Japan.

And sony hasnt done this since everything they make breaks in some kind of way.
Bowiegranap2
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says they haven't? The US miltary uses PS3s running on linux to build their supercomputers, not PCs.

In the same vein, the UK navy uses PSPs for training, rather than PCs.

Sony likely _does_ develop computer hardware, but just are not available to the public. Likely some miltary spec or contract is involved.
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bowiegranap2"]Who says they haven't? The US miltary uses PS3s running on linux to build their supercomputers, not PCs.

In the same vein, the UK navy uses PSPs for training, rather than PCs.

Sony likely _does_ develop computer hardware, but just are not available to the public. Likely some miltary spec or contract is involved.[/quote]

Oh, but what I meant is how come they haven't made a comp for the public.
Dewroo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, but they have.

I had a Sony vaio desktop back in 1998. ran half life 1 like a dream.

They make desktop computes and laptop, mostly under the Vaio name. they even make fashion net books. expire their site, you'll see their computers.

and when a company goes into the computer market, they are not competing against microsoft. with the exception of the 360, MICROSOFT DOES NOT MANUFACTURE HARDWARE. they only write SOFTWARE for all the other PC products in the market. Sony uses MICROSOFT WINDOWS on all their computer products.

Smile

edit: Super computers are not made by muddling up PS3s together, they are often in todays world made using multiple Server hardware products. using PS3s would be a waste of time, since they're not Open software wise, and they don't run on Intel Prosessers, witch many developers would need to write suffient code for a supercomputer. the military does not use consumer hardware for that matter, and i doubt that sony makes it.

edit: the uk uses PSPs for training? what? lol that doesn't even make any sense.
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Yea theres the Sony Vaios Reply with quote

haha yeah theres the sony Vaios cuse i have one , Its 2 yrs old and i love it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: