Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Westboro Baptist Church

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Westboro Baptist Church Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIr9P-vkSQ

WHAT THE BALLS. How is it even....possible to persuade your children into holding those signs and answering interview questions with such solid blind belief in their God? I don't...

Do you guys not think that there are limits to the first amendment here?! Although it is not strictly written, just like the bible is interpreted differently, so is the constitution. Logically, I would have to say the 1st amendment should not protect these insensitive people who do not seem to have suffered enough to realize what type of hatred they are inflicting on others.

(I have heard about these guys from a long time ago, but I have only deeply researched and learned their names now)
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow,

that...is what makes people hate religion because idiots like this get attention.

Im pretty sure that one sign about 9/11 is like treason level isn't it? Thats insane.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first amendment gives people the right to be douchbags.

Basically they are just a bunch of scammers. They are a group of lawyers who say these horrible things to get people so pissed off that they get attacked. Then they sue the attackers. It's how they make their money.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched many of the documentaries and first-hand interactions by them, and I have this strong feeling they are serious though. Sad -Serious about their beliefs and serious about spreading the message. They even kicked out some of their relatives because they were no longer faithful to the religion. They even teach their little children to sing their damnation songs. I would have thought it was a scam too if not for the children. Any human being who is capable of brainwashing those children...they must be serious.

I actually think they are intelligent and worthwhile people (attorneys and nurses) minus the cult-like beliefs. XD It is too bad that is what they are about.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

head...meet desk. -slam!- -3-
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First amendment is one thing, but they should really be getting arrested for child abuse.
KimonoGirlAmu
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seriously need to die. If they hate America so much, why can't they just leave?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They seriously need to die. If they hate America so much, why can't they just leave?

Although they should not be easily forgiven, you need to be careful with having around the same direct belief they have on homosexuals/those they damn.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind used to tend to go the violent route when I thought about these guys... then I found out about the ones who broke away, one of whom is now an atheist, two of whom are more reasonable brands of religious... and apparently, another who tried to get out while she was still a minor, and got dragged back... They don't need to die. They need to wake up and join the real world, like a few of their own have already done or tried to do. They aren't doing the world any favors right now, but a lot of them have been indoctrinated into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: