Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Breath of Reminisence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Breath of Reminisence Reply with quote

“I [understand] that history erodes all truths, relegates [them] to myth … I cannot [fully] explain to the annals why we – I – chose this … I was tired. They had to die.”

- Annals of the Eastern Campaigns. From a surviving fragment of the introduction, the majority of the text was destroyed during the siege of Temlli.

The era of lore ended with an act of rebellion, and the deaths of the goddesses. Their temples scoured, armies dispersed, lands claimed, and memories scattered. Slivers of reminiscence, fractions of the goddesses sheared away and spread across the land in their final moments, became sources of power and lost history, though the ability to fully decipher or see the memory associated with a shard of reminiscence is rare.

As decades passed, young nations solidified and definite borders were drawn. Covenants were crumpled by progression, nations rushed to find and claim fragments of reminiscence as means to quicken technological and mystical achievements. Adventurers, some under contract by nations, others part of free companies, or simply men and women acting on their own, departed in search of fortune. To varying degrees of success.

This story begins in Ladia, a small town under the protection of the Free City Rion, over a map found by a young woman, and the locket around her neck.

(If you're interested let me know, if enough people are I'll start the story off. If not, ah well. Oh, and if you have any questions, I'll be around.)

"Actions speak louder than Wombats." - Auto-correct at its finest.
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to join. With school winding down for me I should have more time soon...Even if I have to reply on my phone during classes when we have nothing. I do warn you though, my writing skills have become a little rusty from lack of practice.

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, only way to oil the gears is to start writing again.
Though, looks like it will only be you and me, will that be fine with you?

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine by me... less chance of plot stop because someone disappears...

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Alright, if you have any questions or feel like you get stuck, let me know and I'll help you out.)

Slender fingers ran across worn creases, forcing the thin paper flat. She pressed her lips together as her pale gray eyes slid across the map, following a long river. She traced a nail across the yellowed paper stopping at a name written in a thin script. Leaning across the table she pulled a second map towards her, a thick brown sheet with the corners worn away. She again traced the river, her finger stopping at a fork in the river. With a shake of her head, she turned back to the first map. Solrea? Not a city, then…

With a sigh, she pushed the second map away. I’ll have to check through the texts, I swear I know Solrea from somewhere. She slipped around the table, scored rough wood, and stepped towards a stout book case. Scarcely looking, she pulled out a worn leather bound text, and quickly started to thumb through the pages as she turned back towards the table.

The door opened with an oil hungry squeal, the woman glanced up as a man with a long scar across his cheek stepped in. He squinted slightly as he looked at her.

“Going to strain your eyes in here.” He said with a thin smile. “Now as much as you would like to spend the next few days down here, you should head up and meet the new kids, Karina.”

Placing the book on the table, Karina crossed her arms. “Last I checked, Wes, you paid me for this, not meeting recruits.”

“Yes. I pay you.” He said, motioning towards the door. “Now, head up and be friendly. Not every day we get someone interested in the company.”

“Ten ilia they don’t last the week.” She said with a light sigh, tucking stray strands of her hair behind her ear as she walked to the door. Wes sighed as Karina passed him, the door squealed again as Wes pulled it closed, the stairs groaned lightly with each step. Karina turned to her left at the top of the stairs, pulling her hair into a loose tail as she walked to the parlor.

“So, have you found anything of interest yet?” Wes asked.

“The map’s an oddity, entire geologic features are missing or seem to have been added. But, enough is the same that I cannot say that the map is a complete work of fiction because-.” She started, pausing as Wes cleared his throat. “Right, sorry. If my theory is correct, then it’s from a different age. And it seems to be marking something, a few more days and I think I’ll know what.” She stepped into the parlor, a simple room, but the most ornately furnished. A flag hung in the center of the back wall, frayed and dirty from use. The company’s name stitched in the center, Eleas, over a Hawk resting on the hilt of a dagger, the company’s seal. A small landscape painting hung on the wall to her left, next to a window.

Her eyes turned towards the center of the room, a sturdy table with thin designs floral under the lacquer. She smiled, holding her arms behind her back. “Welcome to Eleas Company.” She said lightly. "I'm Karina, the records keeper."

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kataiko had passed this business many times before, but until today, he never really paid it any heed. It didn't seem like the type of place to find a good fight to him. He really didn't know what was drawing him here today, maybe it was intuition. He removed his wide brimmed hat, the feather attached to it moving with the motion, and combed back his long ginger hair. He replaced the hat and put his hands on the hilts of his rapiers.

As he was walking in he bumped into a young girl with white hair. Her eyes were golden in color and she wore a dark blue dress with a black cloak. Kataiko removed his hat and fell into a deep bow. "I am very sorry, young lady."

"I'm sorry. Could you come again?" Her words were slightly muffled as if speaking through cloth. "I won't know what you're saying unless I can see your lips."

Kataiko cocked his head. He found her request odd but decided to so as she asked. He came back up from his bow. "I was just saying I was sorry."

"Oh, no. No need to apologize. I wasn't paying attention, so you going in here, too?" The girl asked.

"Yeah." Kataiko opened the door. "After you, m'lady."

The girl gave a little curtsy. "Thank you."

The girl went in, looking around to take in every detail. She took note of the flag on the wall. Kataiko's green eyes peered around the room as well, but not so intently. When Karina came in, Kataiko tapped the young girl on the shoulder and pointed to Karina.

“Welcome to Eleas Company. I'm Karina, the records keeper." The girl who came from further inside.

Kataiko removed his hat and dipped into his signature low bow. "I am Kataiko, a duelist."

"I'm Shiromi." The white haired girl said. "Please don't get mad at me if I mispronounce or don't remember your name. Names are much harder to pick up on because they're are so many, and they can be so different." She smiled.

((Just in case you couldn't tell, Shiromi is deaf. I'm trying my best to think of what it would be like based off of what I've learned in my American Sign Language class.))

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(That's interesting, looking forward to what you do with her)

Karina studied the two newcomers for a few moments. The man had the look of a duelist, she couldn’t help but think of men she had read about in old books of lore. The girl was different, strange, seemingly young and overly dressed for this place, with a slight slur to her speech. "I don't mind if you mispronounce my name." she said lightly.
Unconsciously she raised her arm and tugged at the collar of her shirt, a finger hooking on the chain of her locket. Drawing a quick breath, her arm fell away from her neck.

“Miss Shiromi, Mr. Kataiko, please take a seat.” She said, motioning towards the table. She pulled out a chair across from them, and carefully sat down.
“Eleas Company runs odd jobs on request, but mainly we deal in acquiring artifacts. Ours is a free Company, we have no ties to any national body. So, have you two come on business or do you wish to sign a contract?” She rested her arms on the table and slid her fingers together.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Shiromi and Kataiko seemed to speak at the same time. "I'd like to work with you." Kataiko covered his mouth, not knowing what had made him make such a request. Yes, he had adventured much in his life, but that was always in search of a challenging opponent. He wasn't much of the searching type. He tried to push the thoughts into the back of his mind. Maybe there was a reason.

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She pushed her lips into a thin line for a moment before her smile returned. Another moment wasted staring between them, with a nod she stood up, her chair scraping against the ground. Two in one day, has to be a record. “Pay is thirty ilia a week, more after job or if we are able to sell an artifact.” She started, turning towards a side table and pulling open the drawer. She half turned back towards the two. “What skills do you have?” She asked, her gray eyes lingering on Shiromi.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiromi nodded, acknowledging the question. "Well, I'd have to say my greatest asset is my keen eyesight. Also, I do know my way with a crossbow or bow and arrow." She pulled a small hand-crossbow from under her cloak and smiled.

After the young girl made her statement Kataiko spoke up. "I excel most in combat. I have very few times been bested in a duel. I can easily move with great maneuverability as well, having little to no problem with difficult terrain." The duelist was proud of his abilities but tried his best not to be overly so. The worst thing a duelist could do in a fight was to be too cocky.

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karina pulled two sheets of paper from drawer and pushed it closed with her hip. From the top of the table she picked up an inkwell and a hallow metallic spine. She turned back to the two newcomers and placed the papers and writing utensils in front of them.
“The short of it is, you will faithfully serve Eleas , you try to steal any artifact we will have the authority to prosecute you. You just need to sign on the bottom of the page, Wes will hear any oath.” She glanced towards the hall, and then turned back. “During the first month, you are under a trial period. Until we have a better feel for your skills, we will do our best to keep you from any dangerous missions. Ah, and before I forget, if you don’t have any place to stay, we do have a few spare beds.”

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I've nothing to lose." Shiromi stated, taking up the pen and dipping it in ink. She signed in beautiful looping letters. She placed the pen back on the table. "Also, I'd be happy to take a bed if it's not too much of a burden

Kataiko hadn't really paid much attention and signed the page. As for the bed, he had nevery really had much of a place to stay. He traveled a lot, so he mainly stayed in inns. Might as well not have to pay for his bed anymore. "Sure, I'll take a bed, too."

((>.<Man>.<))

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It’ll get easier once we push past this initial area)

Leaning forward, Karina picked up the two contracts and glanced at the signatures. One quickly scrawled on the page and the other, she looked towards the young girl again, ornate. Folding the contracts in half she slipped them into her pocket. At the least, a very odd girl.

Wood rasped, Karina turned her head as Wes stepped through the threshold into the room. His lips parted as he greeted the room with a smile. He wore a simple loose tan shirt with trousers rolled up to his knees. Between his fingers he held the necks of two small sacks. “Looks like I missed more than introductions, ah well, I trust Karina saw to it.” Wes placed the two sacks on the table. “Company emblem, it’ll allow for easier passage between nations.” He said pushing them across the table.

“I was just about to show them to the bunk.” Karina said.

“Really? Great, the bunks have been too quiet lately.” Wes chuckled. “Ah, thinking of introductions, I’m Wesland Eleas, now that you’re signed up if you have any requests let me know and I’ll do what I can to fulfill them.”

“We’ll have time to talk later, follow me and I’ll take you to the bunk.” Karina said, walking to a closed door on the left side of the room. The door opened with a light groan and Karina passed through. Five doors, two on either side of the hall and one at the end, she stopped at the two closest to the parlor door. She pushed the door on the right open and stepped in, the room was simply furnished, with four beds, two on each side each with a trunk at the foot, light leaked through the two windows on the far wall. She spoke again once the newcomers stepped into the room. “This and the one across the hall are the two bunk rooms, they’re set up the same. The room next to this one is a bath, I can give you full tour after you’ve settled in.”

BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes leaned against the doorframe as Karina finished talking. He smiled, faintly as he slipped his hands into his pockets. "So, I was wondering." He started, pausing as he waited for Shiromi to turn. "How far away from home are you two? You don't look like you're from any of the free cities." He hooked his right leg behind his left, his brown eyes sizing up Kataiko and Shiromi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: