Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Who is my commenting dead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Who is my commenting dead? Reply with quote

I have tried commenting on two different pieces of recent art without success. When using Firefox or IE I can't even get a window to appear for me to type in - just a "submit" button and gray space. When I'm working with my cell phone, I can get what appears to be a working window in Mozilla or in Chrome, but once my comments are typed, I can't submit. Help?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only person to be having this particular issue with the new comments box. Now since I haven't experienced this issue personally, the help I can give is rather limited, but as a start -- can you check your browser's Javascript console for any errors/warnings/etc.?

You can also use the domain [removed] which may be able to avoid the issue entirely -- but be warned, you cannot just copy/paste URLs between domains.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to have fixed itself for now, but I still don't know how or what turned it off in the first place. Glad anyway.
matthespeedstar
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever was happening with the comment box (not appearing but the submit button still shows up) seems to be happening again now ^^; I guess it's a known issue by now but still gotta bring it up if no one else hasn't yet.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regular users should NEVER use the old domain. Many things there, including commenting in particular, are incompatible and very dangerous to use. It is a special site, exclusively for site helper use.

Last edited by cstdenis on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
matthespeedstar
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I did use that. ^^; I was only bringing up the comment box not loading for me when I saw the thread cause it was doing that to me.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on replacing the comment box in the next version of the site with something that has better compatibility with smart phones, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: