Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Integrating forums and main page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Integrating forums and main page Reply with quote

MadamePenguin has the right idea:

[quote]Yeah I hardly notice contests because of the fact that many don't post in the contest thread and the fact that nothing gets highlighted from there unless it's officially done by FAC. Hopefully they might get a pulse thread on the main page just to show the various threads going on in the forums?[/quote]

In the far future (and I know this type of suggestion takes money and time), we should have a "Recent Forum Posts" box on the mainpage so people will know about the forums more. It took me about 2 years to find and become active in the forums. However, I always wondered to myself, "What is the point of advertising contests if no one goes on the forums? I could do so much more on the main page." I still feel like this sometimes. However, with posts where you can add long information (it is like a blog that you can get comments on too), the forums are still very useful. We just need to open up their USE to FACers on the homepage. The forums are literally seprate from the mainpage.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does the money work on this sort of thing? what would it cost other than time to add such things? where does the money come from on this site anyhow, is it just funded by the core staff?
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wondering about money, too... What does it cost to keep this place up and healthy? I know we aren't using banner ads and merch like DA - if it's out of pocket, would responsible persons like some help with that? Would something like a discreet PayPal donate button be out of the question?
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storm had a way you could donate, and they also let people do commissions as a donation [so what the person paid for the art was donated, basically] than they would do a sort of fund seeking event every few years or so, when they got short on funds
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Firiel"]I have been wondering about money, too... What does it cost to keep this place up and healthy? I know we aren't using banner ads and merch like DA - if it's out of pocket, would responsible persons like some help with that? Would something like a discreet PayPal donate button be out of the question?[/quote]

Denis has never been forward about how he covers the operating costs. I do know that the site runs on the same general codebase as HF, but beyond that, nada.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: