Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What else is there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: What else is there? Reply with quote

For art sites that is.

Many of the ones that I've known have long since been closed down or are for the most part completely dead. And the only ones that are most prominent (that I know of) are DA and FA too I suppose. Any other ones I can think of are either invitation only, or have high standards, or are very strict on theme and/or limits what could be posted.

To me, it seems there aren't as many options like there used to be.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfwood is still there, and their mods aren't as terribly strict as they once were, but it's kind of swung the other direction and let in a lot of spammers lately, and they have a poor commenting system so it's hard to make friends. I haven't really explored, aside from that. Maybe there are some others around, but I don't like to just google and sign up to places without knowing anybody there or having any reason to trust the administration.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've visited Elfwood once. That was about it for me.

And I here ya on signing up to a place without investigating first. FAC has been my main and only art site for so many years, took forever for me to find another one I thought was well enough to join, but now it's been closed down, and now FAC is back to being the only art site I'm a member of.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAC's my first specifically/mainly-art site as well, weird as that may be when I only joined in 2012 and have been active in online communities of some kind since 2001. Fairly steady on DA lately too though, because even though it's not as intimate a community, I have some friends on there and I like the Groups system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: