Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What art mediums do you work in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What art medium's do you work in?
Sewing.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pencil/graphite.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Digital.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crafts.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Writing.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
A Mixture.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
All of the above!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: What art mediums do you work in? Reply with quote

Well, as the title states what art medium's do you all work in?

Do you have one you mainly specialize in or strictly do only? Or do you have blend or mixture of specialties, such as for example: specializes work in digital and in sewing. Or do you work in a medium entirely different then what I have listed in the poll such as calligraphy? Or are you someone who does just about everything?

I myself used to be strictly pencil/graphite only and very rarely you may see digital art. But, that was so many years ago. Currently, I dabble in just about all different kinds of mediums as it allow's me to be creative in so many different ways!
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primarily pen/markers, some colored pencil, some oil pastels, some watercolor, rarely acrylic paints, black-and-white pencil if requested or assigned, used to dabble in 3D scenes on Bryce but not so much anymore, bit of clay (Sculpey modeling clay) for stuff like Christmas ornaments and costume jewellery. I like making up costumes but don't have the skillsets to execute them unassisted or without incorporating prefab parts. So, I'll try my hand at a lot of things, but two-dimensional physical media covers most of what I'm most comfortable with.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morpher what I like best about you is you try all sorts of different things, just like I do.

also like you, pencil was my main thing at first,
although I was never limited to that, because my mom encouraged us to try every sort of art or craft from a very young age.

...and I'm not very focused, so I'm still trying everything. It has a down side because I never really get skilled at any one thing. spread myself too thin in the first half of my life. I am in the second half trying to pick a few media and start focusing on gaining skill in at least a few areas. I haven't picked yet though. it's hard to choose.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack-of-all-trades may be master of none, but it's an awful lot of fun. Wink
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is it is I know, but on the other hand, if I could just concentrate on one thing for an extended period I could increase my skills, for example, doing this paper mache dragon, I am having to relearn everything I learned last time before adding to those skills. I ought to make it a rule I have to do three in the same media before I move on or something...lol...then on the third one I would have remembered past skills and I could practice something new in that media.

Last edited by Jadis on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And we'd also get to enjoy the results of your practice. Smile
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jadis"]morpher what I like best about you is you try all sorts of different things, just like I do.[/quote]

Thanks Jadis.

[quote="Jadis"]also like you, pencil was my main thing at first,[/quote]

...So...are you a clone of me that I never knew about? Shocked

[quote="Jadis"]...and I'm not very focused, so I'm still trying everything. It has a down side because I never really get skilled at any one thing. spread myself too thin in the first half of my life. I am in the second half trying to pick a few media and start focusing on gaining skill in at least a few areas. I haven't picked yet though. it's hard to choose.[/quote]

Oh, we aren't clones then. I can get super focused an into my art (and sometimes lose track of all time) but, my downside is that I kinda want to see the end result immediately. Which can cause me to rush through my art and get to the end quicker but, ultimately yield lower quality results then I was hoping. Granted I don't rush through all my art. (It's usually certain things that I'm super pumped about getting to the end results.) Although, when that does happen I tell myself to slow it down cause I'll be more pleased with the end results when I do. And surely, it pays off.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a traditional artist at heart, but I tinker with cosplay here and there, and digital art, and the joys of MMD

Infact here is the latest pieces I have been working on in MMD incase you ponder what that is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnbaFl5iX0
(Motion by Ureshiiii)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSOLqBpQNw
(Motion by Ureshiiii)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX3r8Ay69Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J0SHGeoVyY
(Dont encourage him Link! xD)
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetinsanitysarah, I enjoyed your videos, especially the first one with link and darklink and sheik and zelda. I really want to learn to use MMD.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sweetxinsanityxsarah - Those were pretty darn good if I do say so myself! That last one with, Deadpool (I believe that's his name), was funny. Link has every right to encourage that behavior. Haha. xD

Out of curiosity, how hard are making those vids with the MMD program? I figure animation, especially on the 3D scale, would be a challenge to so. The only time I've dabbled in animations myself was with the program Flash, only a few animations made, and this was when I was in an animation class quite a few years ago.
TeeJay87
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I draw on paper a sketch of a character, then I scan it and complete in Photoshop.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple of other people who use that method, TeeJay - and I have one friend who first draws in pencil, then inks with markers, and then scans for Photoshop work. Smile I am afraid I never got very comfortable with digital coloring myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: