Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ponyo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Ponyo Reply with quote

any one seen ponyo?

i just watched it yesterday, it was a very beautifully animated but i thought the story was somewhat lacking.
i think it was one of miyazaki weaker films.

i still think howls moving castle was one of the best family films ever.

overall i like ponyo i just thought the main story was overly simplistic sort like
a simple bed time story but maybe that was the feel they were going for.

just wondering about all your thoughts on this movie.

Last edited by SILK on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curses, I still need to watch that. I heard it was decent, but I did not hear anything special about it.

I also thought Howl's Moving Castle was one of his best, along with Spirited Away and Princess Monoke (that movie gave me nightmares ;oWink.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

princess monoke.
that was my fave movie of his till howls moving castle came out.

i think i might rent princess monoke tonight and watch it.
good times.
ShadowPrincess1982
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own Princess Monoke and I liked it a lot. I've also seen Howl's Moving Castle and liked that as well. I haven't seen Ponyo or Spirited Away, but they are diffiently on my list of anime to see.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing Princess Monoke at a friend's house. Friggin epic, I loved the spirit of nature or whatever it was called. And that guy's arrow shooting DAMN! xD

Spirited away was beautifully done, I loved No face and Haku. The ending made me sorta sad and hoping for a sequal. But that's just me lol. xP

I want to see Ponyo and Howl's moving castle badly. Xx
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Spirited Away first. It is strange that it won a Best Animated prize while Princess Monoke didn't. I personally though Monoke deserved a Best Picture prize more. All the bloody, demon worm, action detail(and consider the length of that movie) was amazing!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]I saw Spirited Away first. It is strange that it won a Best Animated prize while Princess Monoke didn't. I personally though Monoke deserved a Best Picture prize more. All the bloody, demon worm, action detail(and consider the length of that movie) was amazing![/quote]

spirited away had disney distributing/dubbing it so that's pretty much why it won.
princess monoke was distributed by miramax, they dont have the kind of push disney does especially when it comes to animated films.
AzureMikari
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Ponyo, thought it was ok, but didn't care for it much. My favorites are Howl and Spirited Away.
FC: AzureMikari | [url=http://azurelight.net][b][u]AzureLight.net[/u][/b][/url] | [url=http://mikari.flavors.me][b][u]Mikari.Flavors.me[/u][/b][/url] | [url=http://mikaristar.deviantart.com][b][u]MikariStar.Deviantart.com[/u][/b][/url]
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also was not that much impressed with Ponyo. it's good but not great.

My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle although that is almost tied with Nausica and with princess mononoke.

Totoro is also really good.

the one about raccoons, which I don't know the name of, that one was interesting but I've only been able to watch it once because my family hated it. LOL.

castle in the sky is also really good. I like the pirates in that one.
AnnaWatts
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw. I am just in love with that anime. So comfort for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: