Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
So. About these featured pictures.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one was the stolen one ???
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with the fox (which is actually supposed to be a wolf). The original artist is an artist named "Velixy" on dA. :/ All of this person's art is stolen from Velixy.

edit: And others. D:

Last edited by Touzoku-joou on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not approve >: (

Public stoning, I say.

Are we sure thats its not the same artist first though ???
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person taking Velixy's art (yeah.. more than one as Joou noticed too) needs to be banned.

I 'unfeatured' the pic but it didn't remove it.

I've done all I can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post#2;

"unfeature works, its just cached"

There u go then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion about the features is 10 years old. it doesn't address the current situation. how are features being chosen now and how often? maybe we should update the system to make it more suitable for the needs of the current community?

maybe the closing of features could be delegated to a committee of Non-staff members, and they could then just pass their suggestion to the staff members, choosing the best things from that month or so, best new user, and al-time best things ever or something.

I would like to see a greater proportion of the art featured being fan art, since this is fan art central---let the feature show us how to make fan art which is also great and proper art.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the current system is something like -
-If you are really impressed with a picture, go to the featured picture suggestions thread.
-Copy-paste the link.
-Include with the link a summary of the reasons you find the picture impressive or feature-worthy.
-Eventually, a staffperson should come by and decide if they agree with you.
-If they like what you chose, it is likely to show up in the Feature queue.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be nice if there was a more automated way to nominate something for featuring ... but then isn't that kind of what the Favorites system is for?

Featuring a pic breeds popularity by default. Ideally, we want to feature works that are stellar but not necessarily popular already.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=
Featuring a pic breeds popularity by default. Ideally, we want to feature works that are stellar but not necessarily popular already.[/quote]

yeah so once a featured work achieves a certain number of favs it should be removed from the feature, and only things with few faves should be features...lol...

I don't think it matters that much at this point what we feature, I think the feature should change every week or at least every month. a feature which remains for too long on the front page sort of defeats the purpose of the feature, which is to get people to notice things they might have missed which deserve attention.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to know, looking at a picture, if it's been features, or if it has been suggested for a feature.? I want to start suggesting things, and remind others to suggest things, but don't want to suggest one which has been featured before.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jadis"]I think the feature should change every week or at least every month. a feature which remains for too long on the front page sort of defeats the purpose of the feature[/quote]

^It sounds like you want something perhaps similar to what Storm-artist.net had with the star system and the weekly showcase's yes?

[quote="Jadis"]is there a way to know, looking at a picture, if it's been features, or if it has been suggested for a feature.?[/quote]

^The way to know if a picture has been featured already or not is to click on the picture, look at it's 'General Info' section beneath the description, then look at the label 'Ratings' if there is a star next to 'Ratings' then it has already been featured, if it says 'none' then it has not been featured. But, whether to know if someone has already suggested it for a possibility to be featured there isn't really a definitive way to tell.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not like the stars on storm, the popular pictures section here severs that function, more like the neglected art which deserves more attention features we used to do. things that are good but didn't get the attention they deserved?

thanks for the info.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]Ideally, we want to feature works that are stellar but not necessarily popular already.[/quote]

[quote="Jadis"]more like the neglected art which deserves more attention, features we used to do[/quote]

Hhhmmmmm..... this is tricky. We want great art that isn't popular already, but, great art usually (not always) is popular, even without being featured. And bringing attention to neglected art by featuring it... most (not all) neglected art doesn't necessarily line up with the high standards to be in the featured section...

Hhhmmm... maybe we need an entirely separate system for this.

To have a new feature often enough in the featured list seems really unlikely with the number of users on here that submit art, most of which isn't really meeting the criteria to be featured. (Not to mention the popular works section address's this for those that can't be in the featured section.) But, what if we had something like what the old featured artist was but instead of featured artist it could be something like 'art of the month' or something and the users can nominate what they feel is the best art made that month. (No nominating yourself of course.) Hence why I mentioned something similar to Storm's star system but, not exactly like it.

If not something like this I don't really have any other idea's that would satisfy currently. My brain at the moment is fried.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that because I use the highest maturity settings [that meaning, I don't want to see the sort of art which in my mind appeals only to emotionally immature people: inappropriate sex, violence and nudity] in actual practice, when I am not logged in and my filters are off the feature contains nothing I find offensive and when the filters are on because we are so slow to add new features the feature still contain the same offensive nude picture I have been wishing would be replaced by something newer and better the whole time I have been on this site.

people in this site are very inconstant on how they use the filters. we allow a nude on the front page unfiltered while there are some people who put filters on thing which contain not visible sex or nudity except implied in the imagination of the artist.

Last edited by Jadis on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Well, it is normally artist discretion on tagging. I can understand how sometimes people could blow minor content issues out of proportion and over-tag, or think the rules don't count because it's "artistic" nudity rather than sexualized nudity, or because a couple of key bits are covered, but there do seem to be one or two people who tag things irrelevantly without any visible reason. Perhaps they think just using the tags makes them seem more "edgy"? Wink
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are guidelines for what images qualify for certain tags but, I do feel that some of the image tagging done here is, as Firiel said, done by the artist discretion. Other times I feel that some of the art posted here falls into that gray area were it doesn't meet criteria for example, a mild tag, but doesn't necessarily meet the criteria for a moderate tag. Then there are just those complete outliers that aren't covered by any of the tags available here. Like depiction of drug usage, for example.

Sometimes I feel we should have a generalized 'Mature Tag.' Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the variety of tags that you can stick to your images on here to let others know what they're in for before they click it. But, I feel with a general mature tag we could cover any outliers that aren't covered by the other tags as well as images that fall in the gray areas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: