Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
NaPo 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Poetry Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: NaPo 2016 Reply with quote

anyone else planning to do National Poetry Writing Month this year? I try to do it every year as an emotional journal for the year, and I'm really looking forward to it this year, as It haas been a weird and interesting year emotionally.

I hope other people wlll also do it, not much poetry happens on this site, or if it does I don't notice it.

what Napo is, is a challenge to write one poem for every day in the month of April. but it doesn't have to be one ON every day, just 30 poems in the month, [I usually write about 3 at a time, because there are always a few says I don't have any time to write anything]

I'll be posting part of them here in some form or other. maybe in the forum or maybe in my gallery or maybe as a artistic representation of the poem,
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the rules of this forum and realized Napo and my poetry has no place in those rules, probably, but I'm gonna take that with a huge grain of salt and in the interest of life being better than nothing, post anyhow. censure me if you will, ye forum rulers.

pre-napo poem #1 [I write these starting a few days before April because I'm impatient to start, but I don't count then on my Napo 30]

****** ********"[u]The Flies of Easter'[/u]

Flies buzz erratically around my laptop screen,
My cat is watching.
Chances are I’m going to get cat scratched.

I love you, Fi, with all your claws and teeth to remind me to live, to feel and never be entirely alone.

my thoughts swarm in every direction,
--the cat, the flies, the butterfly sticker beside my screen [purple butterfly on your left shoulder, cosplay conventions..lost…return…

Order will emerge from chaos somewhere

[how is that spelled? “I Merge” …” I’m Urge” --Emerg..[ancy]..YES [corrected]…this poem will never make sense [since , cents…lost in the language… taking flight…flies]

Sometime

Before the end of the month, I know,
the chaos will fall into fractal order and reveal who am am for now.

In the mean time

—- [and time is mean isn’t it, cruel really, in so many ways]—-

the words take me where they will go
I, in my weakness, am the resistance that forms the path.

[I write ‘thwat’ instead of ‘that’ and ‘Im’ instead of ‘in’…I thwart my own intentions, I am my weakness...truth bleeds out between the lines and in the typos--cat scratched, thorn scratched, scribbled and erased]

What flights will follow?

[I type the word 'fights' instead of 'flights', “wollow” instead of 'Follow' and correct,]

But then
perhaps that was correct
I fight as much as flee, as I wallow more than follow on that path of least resistance into the mire:
That hog rolling in brambles complaining of the thorns

Christmas HAM perhaps, it being Easter, those being joined in mind and principle. [Jesus was born in the spring]

Redundant holidays transforming the pagan and the sacred into something
politically correct

Where politics and religion meet and corrupt eachother.

Is this the way it’s going to be?
“God forbid” I think…but He does not forbid

He gives us perfect freedom to screw up our lives if we want to
and freedom to repent.

I wish I knew better how to choose the later.

Instead I fight and flee and try to correct the typos before the truth bleeds out.

Buckets of blood. Holy grails. flies swarming to pick clean the bones of my soul and let me see clearly what lies inside ....or what Truth....

[flies away as a maggot having grown wings and headed for the Heavens]
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am likely to do NaPo, although I don't know if I shall complete or not.

I've posted a little poetry as writing category stuff on the main site, but hardly anybody ever comments on writing entries, so it's a little hard to care to do it consistently.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup agreed. literature posts are pretty invisible here,
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poetry's not necessarily my thing but, I write some from time to time when I'm in the mood. Granted, I really haven't done much writing in general in... forever.
---
And yeah, the writing submissions on here tend to get overlooked/ignored at this point in time.

Not gonna lie, I mainly just look at the images myself on here. Not really so much the writing. Which I'm sure some others may tend to do as well.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those of us who write started posting more and linking back to new marerial on the forum, or checking the New Chapters tab about once a week just in case, do you think that would do any good? It is a little hard to find categories, unless you file under "words" or "fantasy - other" since tge same filing breakdown applies when posting writings as when you are posting art, and it was mostly designed for art, but it would still be nice.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It couldn't hurt I suppose. Whether that'll generate more acknowledgement to written work on here in general I can't say for certain. But, some effort is better then no effort at all.

Perhaps also, as another idea, for those who are mainly viewing images, maybe drawing an image related to your writings and leaving a link to your written work in the description may also assist in bringing in some more attention to your written work.

Also, what do you mean by hard to find categories? Like looking for certain genres of stories? EX: Action? Romance? Suspense? Satire? etc.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when people post videos they put them on youtube and put a still shot from it here and a link to the you tube. I was sort of thinking of doing something like that...when I post a written work, make a illustration and post with it a link to the written work.

which is basically what Morpher said
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By hard to find categories, I meant that if you select "submit story" instead of "submit art," you're looking at the same menu. Fantasy, cartoons, comics, anime/manga, tv, - all that jazz - and the same subcategories as if you were looking at a submission menu for art. There's no fanfiction or original fiction or poetry or essay/article or any sort of categories that just automatically say "submit writing here" showing up for me on the dropdown menu [i]if I am there to submit[/i], and there hasn't been for the past couple of years. I'd actually forgotten that we [i]had [/i] the categories, I've gotten so used to seeing them hidden. So I have my first few writings submitted to "poetry" - back when I could find it - and more recent options submitted as fantasy>mythology, misc.>nature art, misc.>fantasy as the closest matches to my topic in the mysteriously ever-present Art Categories menu. I'm wondering whether the difficulty of locating writing categories for submission at all - since sometime in 2013, apparently - has contributed at all to the discouragement of writing submissions (which were kind of thin on the ground in the first place).

[edit]
Also, for some reason when I look at "recent chapters" through the main page what I'm getting is a Sonic fanfic circa 2006. And I KNOW there have been submissions since then. Wink
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think I'm grasping what your saying, if I'm not though feel free to chuck a brick at me. xP

I'm guessing that your looking for something that is restricted and designated to written works only. Right? If I am right, I'm not so certain that having something for written works only is all to important (IMO) because you have all these options to submit to. But, I can somewhat understand what you mean. Personally, I don't think this has any effect on lack of story submissions. As I've mentioned before, some may just be interested in viewing the pictures only, or perhaps just for those who use this site just happen to not be heavily into checking out written works or writing there own work in general.

I know there was a '[i]writing[/i]' category, (though you can submit art to it as well,) however that has be set to hidden so it's inaccessible now. Why though I honestly don't know.

Also... you get a story in recent chapters from that far back? When I look there and in popular stories as well I get nothing at all. Obviously submission were made since then. It would be kinda sad if a writing submission hadn't come in since 2006. xD
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pretty much.

Maybe there's something in my settings that made the site want to bring that story to me attention? I dunno.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey firiel aren't you the sort of unofficial suggester of categories anyhow? I say perhaps it's time you suggest categories suitable for literature submissions.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a few, but we can't access them because of a filing glitch. >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Poetry Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: