Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
You know...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: You know... Reply with quote

Though the site's forums aren't nearly as active as they used to be back in the day I have to say, that they have been definitely more active overall then they have been for the past few years. I've done more posts on here in the past month and a half then in those years long past combined.

Its rather nice to log in and see an orange marker or two indicating something new on here.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is a good feeling. Smile
Admittedly I haven't been around here for that long, comparatively - but I've been active on a number of small forums with art and writing people on them, and I think I've rather missed that.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quiet here, but it's a good kinda quiet.

And you dont have rampaging trolls like back in the old days...-shudder- ugh the horrors.
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yeah, a good quiet sums it up pretty well. And yes, tell me about, back then it was post at your own risk for most of the forum sections here.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eep! I'm glad I came in our post-troll days, then. >.< O)f course, trolls mean there are enough people that statistically some of 'em will be jerks - which by sheer amount of activity is sort of good news in a way - but pest-control or waiting for pest-control to get there is not fun.
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the forum here, and I think the forum will gradually become more active as it continues to just not be dead, and since there are several of us who keep posting things very regularly, there is ongoing life here all the time, and this will over time draw in other regular participants.

prior to about a year ago I had never participated in a forum anywhere much, but a few months before the end of Storm-artist.net I had reactivated the forum there, along with a few other people. I'm glad that I was able to continue some of that here.

I'm also pleased everyone seems to be nice here, I really haven't run in to any jerks at all in the time I've been here.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to be a nice place here. There are - occasions when I feel like I may disagree quite a bit with someone's vies on a particular issue, but generally I like to think positive and live and let live in either case. We're all here to hang out and enjoy art, after all. Smile
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say there are lots of times I disagree with people's views here, and that makes it all the better, because then there's variety to make it interesting...and we can disagree peacefully here,
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all of us here can agree to disagree but, in polite company.

And yeah, I hope that the forum will in time become a bit more active over time as well. I mean we got quite a few new members, both new and returning oldbies over the past few months here creating a minor surge in activity; which I am quite happy to see. If the main site has acquired a bit more activity I'm sure it'll swing over to the forums sooner or later.
AlcyoneSong
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
AlcyoneSong
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see much point in arguing with people anyway, so I'll typically just dismiss myself from the conversation if my level of "disagree" is extremely high.

I haven't done much on forums for years, but lately I find myself wandering back here for the conversation. This, and the Starbound official forums. Everyone is so nice up there.

At the very least, I'll keep posting any art I finish up here, even if life is getting too crazy for me to comment on much. I don't even know if I'll have internet access in coming months for a little while, but I can always thumb-drive my art onto my laptop and go somewhere that does have 'net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: