Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Coloring Contest - Alien Landscape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Coloring Contest - Alien Landscape Reply with quote

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures/user/K_Pepper/849820/COLORING-CONTEST---Alien-Landscape

Hey, guys, I wanted to see how many, if any people here would come together for contests, so consider this one a trial run. I'll try to have them monthly if there's enough interest!

This lineart is something that I drew for my own enjoyment, inspired in part by the art therapy/ adult coloring books that are so popular here right now, and though I intend to color it myself later, it seemed like an easy way to see if anyone around here is up for joining art contests.

So! Of course, the contest is to color this image. I'll be looking for creativity (it IS an alien landscape, after all!) lighting, depth, and texture. I don't care if you want to print it out and color it with markers, or download it and color it digitally. I just want to see what you guys can do with it!

First place will win a full digitally colored, full body image of a character of your choice with a simple background. Second place will receive a fully colored bust image of the character of your choice with no background, and third place will win a sketch of the character of your choice.

If there are ten or fewer participants, there will be no third prize. If there are five or fewer, there will be no second prize.

Please let me know if you're interested! The contest will end June 10, no extensions! I will judge promptly and have the results listed on my profile the next day. I'll try to have some sort of post up on the main page, but I sadly cannot access the forums because of an IPv6 error, so I won't be able to put this or the results up there.

Participants so far:

Jadis (entry pending)

Firiel (entry pending)
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just noticed you had made a forum for your contest.

Are you going to try any more contests? your seemed disappointed in the lack of participation. if you are not doing another contest I will.

Perhaps we could make a longer time for the due date, and ask nicely for the contest to be mentioned in the July news post. Once people get in the habit of expecting a contest maybe more will participate.

That and for the main crowd here, coloring is not their main thing. I had great fun with it though, thanks for the contest.

it would be nice if you could put images of all the entries and the line art here together so we could see them all together and compare.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do a contest, go right ahead. I'm in the process of buying a house and I've just found out that I'm pregnant, so I don't think I'll be putting an lot of time into hosting anymore myself.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas what sort of contest you'd want to do, Jadis?
Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW K-Pepper, congratulations on both of those adventures.

I"ve got lots of Ideas, but nothing specific settled on yet, and won't have time for another week or too.

I'll try to come up with something which all sorts of people can have fun with.

you got any Ideas, Firiel?
anybody else got Ideas?
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of the contests I've enjoyed in the past were holiday-themed, and I might like to see that going on again. OCs in an Autumn scene or someone facing their fears or a portrait of yourself or a friend dressed as their childhood favorite fictional character for Hallowe'en/October, for example?

I also have a personal passion for book fanart because book illustrations were one of my personal inspirations for wanting to draw in the first place, so maybe a contest about interpreting scenes from books you've read.

It's all a little vague at this point, but those are some thoughts anyway.
Xiakeyra
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice contest, unfortunately coloring is not my thing, I'm a claymation artist,
I've been here on Fanart Central for ten years. I used to hold contests here in the past. In order to boost participation I used to send messages to friends on this site or most active users to talk about the contest I was running and politely ask them if they would like to join. Yeah, it is a bit of spamming, but take into account that users don't check the forum regularly, and that technique can make a great difference in the number of participants.

I see you've got great ideas for contests. Don't be afraid and try holding one. This site needs more artistic activity of this type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: