Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tumblrphobia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what I think of tumblr
love it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
hate it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
it's ok but not my fav
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
it's lame and boring not even hate worthy
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
it's confusing
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
never been there
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Jadis
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Tumblrphobia Reply with quote

HEY anyone want to help me learn how to do tumblr.

I go there and get so confused I want to run and hide and not go back for another two years. but I'd like to be able to wander that world in relative safety,

any tumblr experts here? wanna help?
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shyly raises hand*
I'm not an expert, but I might be able to help?
The staff there keep changing things up and making the formatting increasingly awkward, and most of the user base agrees on hating this fact, even if they agree on nothing else. Wink But I do like the new instant messaging system. Smile

Love it or hate it... I can't answer that, honestly. I feel like there are a lot of people there who mean well and get aggressive with their good intentions. But there are some folks I'm glad I know, and the fandom communities are fun - all of the art and snippets of stories and story recommendations and people's enthusiastic theories about why things are the way they are in their favorite series or what things could become.

I'll do what I can to help you figure out technical difficulties, but whether I can recommend any content to you I'm not certain - I've been sort of nesting with the groups of people I already know for awhile rather than exploring out further, and what you would or wouldn't like would depend heavily on which things you're a fan of, and your comfort zones with things like people's shipping preferences and strong language.

What are your requirements for a feeling of Relative Safety?
TeeJay87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither am I, though I've had account there since June 2014 and I've managed to know this site a bit.

If you need relative safety, I can't recommend tumblr due to amount of spoiled brats having accounts there and behaving, as if they were deities inside mortals. I know, because I had some issues with them last year, but they left me alone after short discussions.

The only good things I can tell about tumblr is freedom of speech they believe in and competence of admins dealing with art theft.
SailorSeiyaDigiJem
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't hate Tumblr but I do think tumblr is boring sometimes. Even, I got into arguments in couple months ago. Now, I realized it's mine fault posting something is not worth complaining. I think I should give tumblr another chance because I'm planning to make new tumblr account in the future. I'm really gotten bored using smaller sites. If I have new tumblr account then I use it for fandom stuff and post my artworks.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that greatly annoys me about tumblr is said spoiled brats think it's cute to toss up whole groups dedicated to mocking other people's artwork, to the point they all decide to go on fake names and bum rush said artist on a art site and force them to quit...all because of utterly stupid reasons varying from 'waaah, this person didnt give me a request!" "Omg they blocked me when I called their art a piece of shiat what a biatch!" and my favorite "I dont like their OC with this canon chara cuz i love that canon and are their numbah one fan!"

Honestly the admins need to pull up their pants and start slashing these pages to pieces.

Because no matter the style or the program, art is beautiful in everyone's eyes and if you dont like a certain piece of artwork, skip over to an artwork you do like instead of being a big baby about it.
TeeJay87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetxinsanityxSarah wrote:
One thing that greatly annoys me about tumblr is said spoiled brats think it's cute to toss up whole groups dedicated to mocking other people's artwork, to the point they all decide to go on fake names and bum rush said artist on a art site and force them to quit...all because of utterly stupid reasons varying from 'waaah, this person didnt give me a request!" "Omg they blocked me when I called their art a piece of shiat what a biatch!" and my favorite "I dont like their OC with this canon chara cuz i love that canon and are their numbah one fan!"

Honestly the admins need to pull up their pants and start slashing these pages to pieces.

Because no matter the style or the program, art is beautiful in everyone's eyes and if you dont like a certain piece of artwork, skip over to an artwork you do like instead of being a big baby about it.

Such spoiled brats exist on other websites too - some time ago, we had issues on Garfield Wiki with one user, who kept bombarding me (and other Garf Wiki admins) with requests and once he got what he asked for, he had new demands.
It ended up we had to permanently block him on our Wiki, then he got all-Wikia network ban for 2 weeks. The whole story is here http://garfield.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Jesusacosta3050
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a guy who lurked around MMD demanding yami yugi with the power puff girls...no this is real I kid you not. Same habits and everything from what I am looking at with this guy.

guess he moved on to a new craze. xD

But i think due to tumblr being a lazy ass...the brats are taking FULL advantage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: