Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Can't comment on anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRussellAnimations
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:40 am    Post subject: Can't comment on anything Reply with quote

Yo.
Is it just me or is there a major bug on FC to prevent you for commenting on people's profiles (Yet alone your own.) I recently returned for the first time since 2014. re-register yesterday after almost 9 years. I tried to comment on the profiles of my friends who i haven't spoken in a long time. and it will not let me post comments (Yet alone post comments on my own profile.)

Mods. Can you fix this bug please?

Much appreciated.
Best regards,
Josho
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a problem so let's start with the basics... Which browser are you operating and can you perform any investigative troubleshooting (e.g. browser debugging tools) on your own to identify what is actually happening under the hood when you try to comment?

If this is your first time back in a while, the comment box runs on a new framework so that is my #1 suspect to research since very little else has changed.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
JRussellAnimations
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]Well, this is a problem so let's start with the basics... Which browser are you operating and can you perform any investigative troubleshooting (e.g. browser debugging tools) on your own to identify what is actually happening under the hood when you try to comment?[/quote]

Answer 1: Google Chrome (Also tested on Microsoft Edge) Running Windows 10 64-bit operating system. TBH, I'm not very tech savvy like I use to when it comes to coding or debugging if that makes any sense?

Answer 2. To put it simply. I tried to comment on a couple of friend's profiles 9Within the guidelines) Everytime I press submit. Nothing happens. I can confirm now that I can now post replies to comments made on my art submission. And commenting on people's artworks now. I just can't post directly on their profile.

[quote="Stratadrake"]If this is your first time back in a while, the comment box runs on a new framework so that is my #1 suspect to research since very little else has changed.[/quote]
I see. It has been 9 years since I deactivated my old account. from memory during my time here in the past. I never had this issue before until i rejoined just a day or two ago. But everything else seems to be good. It's on;ly that problem that I cannot comment on people's profiles at all (Yet alone my own.) Confused
Dumas
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and its works fine on my side. Running Windows 10 too with 64-bit and the browser then I used is Opera.

Edit:One detail come to my mind, could be possible then it might be due to a virus, malware or spyware?
JRussellAnimations
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a whole entire full scan. No viruses or any malware were found. Cleared Caches on both browsers and cookies. Still doing the same thing. Can't comment on profiles or on mine. I guess it's just not Chrome or Edge either. It's now happening on my Android Phone, it's not letting me comment on that either.

It's seriously either a Bad bug with this site or someone has restricted my account to prevent me for commenting. (I can reply and leave comments on artworks. But that is it. =\
caffeine-glutton
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JRussellAnimations"]I did a whole entire full scan. No viruses or any malware were found. Cleared Caches on both browsers and cookies. Still doing the same thing. Can't comment on profiles or on mine. I guess it's just not Chrome or Edge either. It's now happening on my Android Phone, it's not letting me comment on that either.

It's seriously either a Bad bug with this site or someone has restricted my account to prevent me for commenting. (I can reply and leave comments on artworks. But that is it. =\[/quote]

I can't comment on people's pages either, only on artworks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: