Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pokemon Excitement! Diamond and Pearl.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]my silver version doesnt save anymore =`[[/quote]
Maybe the battery died? That happened to my Gold version. A lot of good pokémon died with it. (I was able to do some "surgery" and replace it with a new battery, but I did not like having to solder a live battery to the cartridge board.)
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the Gameshark thing because sometimes the codes you put in [b]can[/b] corrupt your game. That happened to me before.
kittyshootingstar
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't use cheat devices. They make weird things happen to games. I prefer to do things the old fashioned way. But that doesn't mean I don't occasionally use safe in-game glitches. *coughemeraldduplicationcough* I got a level 5 pokemon to level 100 in an afternoon once, and without any cheat device.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the glitch in emerald is fantastic 8D

ALSO

I got mah first shiny... : 3 a Krabby
GreenNinja
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was a Noctowl. Which is a strange coincidence since my first shiny in Silver was a Hoothoot. Same gender too I think. It's too bad it was several levels lower. Sad The Pokeradar is supposed to show you grass where "shinys" are hiding, but I didn't use it that time. Fat lot of good that does.
Benk
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might someone explain this shinyness?
I read something about it on wikipedia but it wasn't very explanatory..
GreenNinja
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since gold/silver you could run into a different colored pokemon accompanied by some sparkly stuff upon appearing. The chances of seeing one are VERY low. Exception being the red gyarados in gold/silver. I don't know if they're stronger or if their stats go up higher or whatever, but it's worth a catch just because it's a rare find.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats aren't any higher then normal. They're exactly the same except for the fact that they're a different color (like my Krabby is yellow/gold instead of the usual red), and they sparkle when they pop out of the pokeball (hence the name shiny). You have about a one in a 8,212 chance of seeing one in the wild.
Unearth

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always caught a shiny gyrados =]
kittyshootingstar
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmph. Lucky. The only shiny I ever got (or saw) was the red gyarados. My friend saw a purple butterfree once (or beautifly, can't remember, but it was a bug). She thought it would give her more exp, so she knocked it out! T_T
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Shiny Pokemon battles is that you can't run from them.

But, lol, I used a cheat device to get many shiny Pokemon in Silver/Gold. I got a Shiny Mew and a Shiny Mewtwo. =3

Shiny Pokemon are a nice addition to your collection. They're colored differently than other Pokemon.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shiny" pokémon are the games's version of albinism, little more. Though, reportedly in the 2nd generation, the "Shiny" gene was encoded in the pokémon's "Attack" stat (probably for backwards compatibility, i.e. so they don't lose the shiny gene if traded to RBY then back again), effectively placing them within the top 30% of their breed.

It also had the side effect of making some RBY pokémon become shiny when traded to GSC.

I hear the odds of breeding a Shiny in captivity are higher than finding one in the wild -- [i]especially[/i] if one or more of the parents is a shiny themselves.

And even Dittos can be shiny.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
DG-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]

I hear the odds of breeding a Shiny in captivity are higher than finding one in the wild -- [i]especially[/i] if one or more of the parents is a shiny themselves.
[/quote]

Only true in Gen2 games. In gen3 and 4 the odds of breeding a shiny pokemon is the exact same as seeing on in the wild, regardless of the parents' shiny status.
kittyshootingstar
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had at least one shiny pokemon besides the gyrados... Oh well.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone does, but they're so rare you rarely see them. I think one time I might have seen a shiny Ursaring around Silver Cave.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Emerald... catching a few of the rarer types, still trying to build up a team that can survive Victory Road.

I also noticed that, you know all the NPC trainers who stand in place amidst tall grass? They're actually on to something. In the Safari Zone, if you stand amidst tall grass and quickly [i]tap[/i] the D-pad in various directions, you can generate wild Pokémon encounters without taking a single step, effectively giving you unlimited time to scout out Safari pokémon.

. . . Suddenly, those Scythers and Chanceys don't seem [i]quite[/i] as hard to catch anymore.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about that before, but that does make a lot of sense. Really helpful tip you have there. I'll have to try it out myself >.>
Fayore

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"]I also noticed that, you know all the NPC trainers who stand in place amidst tall grass? They're actually on to something. In the Safari Zone, if you stand amidst tall grass and quickly [i]tap[/i] the D-pad in various directions, you can generate wild Pokémon encounters without taking a single step, effectively giving you unlimited time to scout out Safari pokémon.
[/quote]

lol, I've known that since the original RBY. o_o;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally made it through Victory Road. So where's the "City" part of Ever Grande, anyway? One Pokécenter, one dungeon, and the Pokémon League.

. . . Oh well, at least the latter is a valid Fly point. Victory Road was such a grind... and having a Trapinch as my lead (for exp. points) didn't help any, I was running into wild pokémon [i]everywhere[/i].

I probably could've finished running through Victory Road last week, except I was expecting May to show up for a challenge, so I turned back to heal up.

At any rate, my Sceptile and Absol completely ruled the first two of the Elite Four. But now I need something anti-Ice....
Benk
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, you don't need strategy.

I took out the entire team with a 52 groudon and a 61 Blaziken. Aside from surf and fly (Which I would just sacrifice my lower level pokemon to) I took them out easy. You just need five or six revives. And lots of potions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: