Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why Does People Love Manga/anime So Much
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DG-sama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I miss Animaniacs : ( That was QUALITY and smart humor there. Today's kid shows can't even hope to compare with that
sailorharmony2000
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Animaniacs!! The humor just had me rolling everyday, yet the characters are still so memorable. Wakko and Minerva were my favorites. Now I have to draw those two to go with my Dot picture in my gallery.

http://www.fanart-central.net/user-sailorharmony2000.php
Sliv
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does your signature make more grammatical sense than your Topic Question?
Fuyuzuki
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know why majority would like it, but I know why I like it.

Personally I grew tired of Donald Duck, Disney and majority of western animations in general. Pretty much due the facts that longest lasting western animation that came to my mind back then was Simpsons - Who murdered Mr.Burns. Which lasted whole two episodes. Now there's Avatar - the last air bender. Or something like that. I did gave it a shot, but figured it was all too stereotypical to me. Sure I can take few stereotypical characters here and there, but when most of the characters are right from book, I tend to lose interest unless the plot keeps me there. Meh, so I ended up dropping this show.

Anyhow,
I still used to read some comics though. 'High Voltage' which had pretty much one volume long stories based on WW2 and such. I used to read others too, but once I got addicted to manga, I've pretty much dropped the rest. Probably one major thing is the art of manga. To me it's just so much nicer and detailed to compared western. Also the fact that majority of the mangas & animes has actual [b]plot[/b] is one reason that keeps me reading & watching.

So in short: Art, plot and the fact how there's just so much to choose from in world of manga & anime. It's pretty clear to me that westerns has aimed their cartoons/animations to young. Surely I'll give shot if there's any western or outside asian animation which has [b]plot[/b] and least the characters are not all so stereotypical.

As for comparing Disney to the 26 Episodes long TV series, we should instead compare Disney to Ghibli.
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't dig love but i love foreplay Smile. something about anime people gets people on i guess Smile

btw the fact your signature's THAT is kinda ironic ._. meh whatever it's your choice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: