Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Forum Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrainDead
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont want to get used to it : (

oh well : )
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still need to move the rating games (rate the avatar, rate the signature) to the rating games section. I made a game in that section to point that out.
Sanokura
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Access to the "advanced" RP section is given on an invitation-only basis, that's why it is locked with a password. The "general" RP section should still be available for everyone to enjoy.
[/quote]

I hate passwords, bad memory...but I like the idea. Surprised no one thought of it before.

unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gray thought of it, I think. It's a good idea, but I'm sure someone will let slip the password sooner or later. I really don't see this as a big deal, the general rp section is just fine for most people. And the password protected section can be only for a few. The only problem is, it will have just a few and those few will be running their own rp's, so I wouldn't expect too much activity in the section, and maybe it will slowly become abandoned after those few who can rp in there realise that not many people will be joining their games. I think just a non-password protected section for those who have been rping for a certain amount of time, such as two to three years would work best. Maybe they can be put in a usergroup specifically for advanced rpers, they can have a color assigned to them, such as purple, so it will be known that those who don't have the color shouldn't post in there.
celestina67
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how the forums look now. Smile Much better organized.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Maybe they can be put in a usergroup specifically for advanced rpers,[/quote]
User group this, user group that... sometimes (rare times) I hate Invision. it should have room for per-user settings, too.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invision is one of the better forums out there -- There is only so much selection. phpBB is even more limited and vBulleting has limited database engine support and costs money.
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They idea is that the RPers have a place to go IF they so wanted to have an RP which follows the rules, isn't spammed and everyone understands.. There's the risk of that in the normal one but this is so you're sure it can be straighth forward n s**t.................................... hihi..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They idea is that the RPers have a place to go IF they so wanted to have an RP which follows the rules, isn't spammed and everyone understands.. There's the risk of that in the normal one but this is so you're sure it can be straighth forward n s**t.................................... hihi..
coolgirlkdd
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scrolled through the site. it is much better. maybe even better for the newbies to understand where to go. probally save all of that spam that was going on too.
Dogss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And spam for that matter, why the heck did you get rid of spam?
TECM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to know why spam got deleted

but i guess i'm just ticked because that was my favorite place
Dogss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S A GOOD REASON TO BE TICKED YOU KNOW!!

pussy
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify. The removal of spam and unmoderated is completely unrelated to the rest of the forum changes.
unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spam could've become heavely moderated, there was no need to close it. I respect your decision, and I am actually glad that you were against it, it seems. Still, there can be a forum for 'random' discussion, where some of us can just fool around when we don't want to be serious.

I'm sorry for what happened, Denis, it sounds scary to me. But I'll bail you out if it gets out of hand Wink
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TECM (Callie)"] I'd also like to know why spam got deleted

but i guess i'm just ticked because that was my favorite place [/quote]
yeah.. mine too... i wanted to know what happend in the orgy thread after i went away :(

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasons for the closure of Spam and Unmoderated are given in their threads, if you haven't read them already.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
free_spirit
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know it makes only three days I register and by my side, I find that the forum are well organized. I never knew the site before, but I sure that's better this way. But yeah : it's true that it should be difficult to post to the good place sumtime : there's one section for computer help, and the other is just computer talking... sumtime it can be confusing a little..
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that is comprehensively well-organized will also be a little bit intimidating at first glance.
Astronamymage
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the forums are much better organized. I like how you split up the request forum into four parts, and how everything else is just easier to find.
Good job.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: