Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
[closed] Cover for a book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I sorta skimmed your descriptions, and actually, believe it or not I barely looked at the pic you drew of him or your photo. I'll add in the scar, and I'm going to not make her eyes so freakishly huge. You said she had big eyes, so they'll still be a bit big. The scary part is two of your characters look (at least to me) like people I know, so I might end up cheating a little and using them for partial models lol.

Quote:
The Jovarake one is pretty good too. I like the way you did the face. Almost looks like ... wait did you use a pic of me... shame on you gollum Razz but yeah... that's about right. Book 2ish. book 1 is without the mustache and book 3 is with it and a goatee so all in all not bad. loving the dimple in the chin... Very Happy
Anything you want me to change before I make the final sketch, then? I show it one more time before I start coloring it. And hey, you said he had a dimpled chin in the description! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Epyon
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all is this contest still going for 300 smackers. Im in for sure I might not win but hell its worth a shot just wondering if this contest is still going.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emrys (they call me "Em") wrote:
Final Deadline for the completed pictures Is 01February2007.

So, yes.

Am I the only one here not interested just because of the money? sheesh...culture is based too much around money...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Epyon
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool count me in btw cool drawings the shading looks really good.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and like she said... contest is still on.. and yes... total grand prize is what it is... 300 american... but to really get into this you have alot of work to do... this isn't something you can enter and win easily... it takes some effort because before i layout the final drawings that will be judged... i wanna see your ideas of what my characters look like. basically i wanna know how my descriptions are portrayed in your head.

*edit* and i mean that... i want to see how good my descriptions are.. not multiple copies of pictures already posted. Read the char descs i gave and imagine the characters for yourself.. then draw them... and post... i wanna see

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
LexLuthorsVictimNJustAFriend
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Version of Jova'rake, tell me if I need to add anything.

Jova'rake Mitchell White

Iggy, you aren't the only ony who isn't all about the money
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexLuthorsVictimNJustAFriend (N. wrote:
Iggy, you aren't the only ony who isn't all about the money

Yay. I was sort of in a ranting mood that day, I had just had a big argument over capitalism/politics.
LexLuthorsVictimNJustAFriend
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool. ^.^
Epyon
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emrys (they call me "Em") wrote:
and like she said... contest is still on.. and yes... total grand prize is what it is... 300 american... but to really get into this you have alot of work to do... this isn't something you can enter and win easily... it takes some effort because before i layout the final drawings that will be judged... i wanna see your ideas of what my characters look like. basically i wanna know how my descriptions are portrayed in your head.

*edit* and i mean that... i want to see how good my descriptions are.. not multiple copies of pictures already posted. Read the char descs i gave and imagine the characters for yourself.. then draw them... and post... i wanna see

Ok I understand you want to get a feel for everyones take on your characters to see what fit your books best I think. I should have some stuff ready soon.
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bet a million dollars you all forgot about me, but I didn't quit this contect yet, but I am now.
I can't get anywhere on drawing these characters, and I'm just way to stacked to get any good time to even start.
So just to let ya know that I'm havve to quit the last FAC contect I hoped I tried to get working on. But I failed.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MedalMask () wrote:
I can bet a million dollars you all forgot about me, but I didn't quit this contect yet, but I am now.
I can't get anywhere on drawing these characters, and I'm just way to stacked to get any good time to even start.
So just to let ya know that I'm havve to quit the last FAC contect I hoped I tried to get working on. But I failed.

:(

You owe me a mil, I thought you were just taking your time/procrastinating like me.
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyz there! i wanted to post a reply yesterday but the forum was down. anyways im gonna give it a go! here's my version of Jova'rake:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33441958/
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="marc21"]heyz there! i wanted to post a reply yesterday but the forum was down. anyways im gonna give it a go! here's my version of Jova'rake:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33441958/ [/quote]

holy crap... not very realistic but really effing awesome. I love the part of the gunblade... what did you do find my pic somewhere lol... that almost looks just like me Very Happy

see if you can try Amanda now Very Happy

i'm still looking at this pic... holy crap... that's freaking outstanding
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(i'm gonna dbl post i'm gonna dbl post Razz @ moderator)

anyway... here's more on Amanda and lemme see if i can get this right

Height is about 4ft tall... she's very lean. not the type you would espect to be very acrobatic or strong but she is both. Her magic is her strength. Long flowing red hair. and by flowing i mean it's kinda puffy Very Happy she uses a trident that's about 4 1/2 ft long with the blades ignited. The blades are almost a foot by themselves so the t shaped staff with three holes in the T is about 3 1/2 ft long. She's fairly young. about 25 in the picture you'll need her in. i think i gave her brown eyes but i'll have to dbl check that. She's most commonly seen with a jumpsuit and her trident on her back attached to a magnetic plate (t facing up by her head) She dispises guady metals and markings of her past or rank but has sew on insignia on her shoulders. She's not very busty either... you're looking at a girl that may weigh 80 lbs... clothed and soaking wet... including the trident... i'll post a inbook description sometime soon
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahz thanks... i can increase the degree of realism if you want. my best work for that so far is my fma fanart...
http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-384978.html
hahz so nothing too great.

(oh and no i didn't stalk you to know how you look like) Razz

I'll try out your other character now
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright i've sketched amanda and fixed jova'rake's face... lemme know what you think. oh and sorry about the jumpsuit design... hahz cant help playing around with it.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33531444/
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGz *falls in love with amanda* (looking at the trident though... i may have to do a sketch of it so you can see what it was meant to look like... the three blades are like think starwars Razz but not exactly... see i use two beams.. a very small outer beam that spirals and a inner beam that is thicker. the two beams use heat to cut through anything but the neg and pos keep blades from going through each other when two wizards fight)

lol... that's freaking awesome. hmm... tell you what. i'll have to pull some of the characters that will be needed for the second cover collage. The first cover is just a young jova'rake so it's fairly easy but the way i want it done will be a bit more difficult.

i think i'm going to get you to try to draw the mutant. I'll describe it in my next post but i don't have much time right now... gf is pulling me from keyboard Very Happy

i'll post in the morning
anime-junkie
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm, im australian,, will you send it there, and another question is, do we have to send you the artwork that you want, or do we upload it and if i win do we send it to you in the mail (and will the postage costs be covered?)?

good bye, and my entry will be up soon.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll send your copy to me and i'll send you a check in the mail the minute i recieve it... that i guess takes a little bit of trust however i will be sending other contact information so that you can reach me for a bit of insurance
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh i finally have some more free time frm school work... all right, u said you wanted me to draw the mutant? i'll need the description for that... unless u've already described is somewhere (looks arnd) heh. so just lemme know the details! thx alot... n good luck to everyone participating in this!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: