Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
[closed] Cover for a book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the sale on the prismas was over so I can once again not afford them so instead I got some new pastel pencils. I decided to do my trial run with them by drawing Samantha McKard, but I think they're going to take a bot more getting used to, it was no where near to what I had planned on when it comes to the face....my painting for the one word contest is finished now, though, so I may get to painting pictures for these, it would probably be easier to start like that rather than get used to painting them later on...,..'course you may end up getting a rough pencil or charcole portrait from me sometime soon too....there's not really too much information on the facial features, clothes, personality, etc for some of them (like Amanda) so it's sort of hard to decide what exactly to draw them in, etc. Think you could elaborate a little on some of the characters?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samatha can go in either the uniform like what Jova'rake wears or dark flowing robes. Or something gothy looking but not completely goth... just dark colors.

Amanda mostly wears light blue. All books she wears a light blue military uniform... so you can go with that.

For the most part uniforms would be okay. Just keep the same look and feel to them. Only a few of the characters prefer certain colors. Amanda light blue, Aaron red. Johan red. Jova'rake light green or white. Samatha dark blue or black.... but for the most part the normal characters hardly wear anything but uniforms.

I could describe one of the uniforms if you want.. but i'll do it from my head because i'm too lazy to find it in the book. Take a united states military uniform but go matte black with everything... (or the color of the person's magic for the wizards i mentioned). and use that for the pants... kinda a cargo pants looking set up with the pockets on the side. Then a grey or black wifebeater shirt... or um... the muscleman thing with no sleeves.... i figure you know what a wifebeater is.... Black jacket top two breast pockets and pockets on the sleeves. most of the time wears a bandolier but sometimes not. Utility belt with a bunch of pouches.

that's the idea
i can find one of mitch's uniforms

Jova'rake stepped into his quarters, changed into black pants and a sleeveless black shirt, then grabbed his weapons.

He strapped an automatic laser rifle to his right lower leg and his twin laser pistols to his lower thighs. He then put on hour shoulder holsters and strapped the smaller plasma pistols in them. He attached his plasma staff to the left side of his belt and put an ammunition belt over his shoulders. He grabbed his gunblade and a plasma based assault rifle, and headed for the door.
He lastly grabbed his cybernetic armor and mast. It was a prototype tecnology his friend had developed on Celtvar. Mitch was the first to use it. but he didn't feel the need to wear it yet.

(that armor is in a small pouch and he attaches it to his belt. The mask when worn only covers the left side of his face, over the bridge of his nose. around the nose and mouth and then across to the bottom of his chin and down to his neck... Has a small piece on the right side that attaches above his ear and has a little goggle type eyepiece, kinda tactical readout sorta stuff that comes over his right eye. The left eye, nose and mouth are exposed to open air. the left eyt is only exposed by a small slit in the mask though... um... most of the commandos dressed similiar to this... it's the common down and dirty uniform... minus the mask. Jova'rake prefers not to wear the jacket but rather expose his arms. Most others wore the jacket though. never buttoned and opened to expose the chest and stomach.... i hope that's good enough)

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heehee yea I know what a wifebeater shirt is, just about everyone here wears one....gah I hate cities. Thanks, that helped a lot. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well so far you're the one with the most interest i'm fairly certain that when you post a picture other pictures will follow... i'm anxious to see Razz

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, others will, I'm a book worm, and half of my room is used to shelve said books, almost every one sci-fi and fantasy and the like so of course I can't resist this chance. Wink
Damnit I couldn't get into art this year though....maybe I can get away with an independant study because I'm not sure how much more I can improve by teaching myself with my current lack of good art supplies/workspace. hrm....
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if she's a girl i just found the girl of my dreams... *slaps self* will not affect judging :P

I would post some of my art but it's not here. like i said i'm a decent artist. Look at my gallery to see my style. By realism... i mean like my bloodrayne picture but i apologize for the nudity. And the picture in my avatar... there you go that's anime... that's not what i want. I want something closer to the picture i'm going to have up tomorrow. my pic of Deodan the drakken Razz

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL it better not affect judging! And I looked at your gallery the first day in hopes you had some rough character sketches or something and to see what style you liked (darn you for having no fav pics that would help lol) I had commented on your Bloodrayne actually. ^-^
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a couple favs now... but um... theyr'e faves for the characters pertrayed and not for style :P

and i noticed your comment going back and looking at the sketch i noticed the eye was outta whack... i gotta fix it. Razz

Sagered

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice, I don't think I'll be entering since I'm not too good at realisim >_< But where are you going to get $500 from? I can hadly save up $100, and I have a job o.0 When I was 12, I had like $10 a month maximum o.0 And my parents would never let me spend so much money over the internet either o.0

And just in case, if I was having such a huge contest, I'd probably host it on more then one website. FAC is really nice, but there aren't too many people here that are good at realisim. DA has a lot of realistic artists, so I'd reccomend hosting it there too.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sagered (Anna) wrote:
But where are you going to get $500 from? I can hadly save up $100, and I have a job o.0 When I was 12, I had like $10 a month maximum o.0 And my parents would never let me spend so much money over the internet either o.0

Well, call it a wild guess, but I think he's more college age...which would explain that. Once you're past the legal age and all it's a lot easier to get higher pay ;)

PS- I wish I had $10 a month when I was 12! That's about how much I have right now with all the stuff I have to pay for, etc.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just say... (and i'm a big Star Wars fan... so i'll leave it at that...) i just bought a $350 lightsaber (purple blade mind you) to go with my twi'lek jedi outfit i'm building for the first convention that i decide to go to Razz and i will go to a convention... i've missed to darn many of them. ... just have to find a date to wear this other half of the outfit... the female twi'lek part... hehehe

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol good luck with that.....and you could have just gone ghetto like me and used a long tube wrapped in colored celophane with a duct tape/styrofoam handle (red celophane, mind you, because Darth Maul rules all with his fawesome double bladed lightsaber). *nods sagely*
Heh I got asked to go with a friend to Otakon this year....shame he expected me to pay for it...I'd go if he would pay Wink. Hey Emrys, you seem to have a thing for us Rocky Freaks, why not just go to Rocky one night and wear a big sign "Free to a Good Home" eventually you should find someone to share your costume with. Maybe make yourself look even more appealing by sitting in a box near the gutter and with doggie ears on Wink
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two things here... i only dated one rocky horror freak but i'm crushing hard on another right now Razz...

and you stopped emailing me... what happened... i'll pm ya my email k?

Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want the Monny. I'm Makeing you your Weapon, Not to enter the contest, But cuz I'm good at these Things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting bunches of requests on what i mean by realism. I can give you plenty of examples, but I figure that if you really want to see what I mean, then I'll do a full body example of Jova'rake.
First of all, this is from book 2. Thus he's 34ish in the picture. Still looks young so he has a mustache to try to throw you off. His hair is a light brown... kinda blonde highlights in it. but doing that with a pencil is almost impossible. Since I know i'm going to be the pickiest with the main character, I figured it would be best if I did him first. This didn't take long to put together, started at about 9:30 am and it is now 11:30 am.

Few points. The blade is crooked. I know. The hands aren't the best... sorry... one of my downfalls. I made him a little shorter than i intended. or looking a little more stocky rather but it worked for the means.

This or better is what i'll accept when i say "realism"

(p.s. is that better iggy?)

(*edit* god i hate my scanner. It left alot of the smaller lighter shadows off. kinda shrunk him too. o_0... well it's close to what i drew i just wish it showed up in here bigger... i thought i had maxed the size of it to normal when it came in... maybe i forgot a step. neway... like i said it's an idea. you can save it to your computer and zoom in to see what I mean by the realism. The biggest thing is there are no set lines. Everything is a shadow. Although th stupid scanner *kicks the scanner* turned some of them into darker lines than ragged shading......)

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo yes tis helpful. (you're going to hate me for this but minus the mustache and he resembles my bf with how you drew him stocky and the air and semi squinty eyes and all Razz)
Looks like I'm going to be at my mommom's this week so I'll bring my stuff over and work over there, I'll have more time now that my room is finally cleaned *ewww I've got to dust more often*
PS- are his shoes supposed to be 2 diff colors or is that just the lighting/shading?
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um.. i put his cybernetic boot on just for the fun of it... see the spikes :P

Actually his cybernetic armor only covers his left side because he is right handed. Wink but yeah... it was for the fun of it really

(oh and you'll have to stretch the picture a little to get it to look like i drew it on paper my scanner compressed him... )

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep..stretched it.....darn now he doesnt look like my bf Razz. But I first wanted to finish my picture of X. I did it in grayscale but I decided to go over with color, and I was wondering, do you have any preferences for the tattoo?? All black? Black and red or blue? etc. (iono I just have the feeling theres black in the tatoo Razz)
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually that's all it is. You remember sephiroph? with the roman numeral I on his arm. That's the same thing just he has a roman numeral for 10... which is X... but don't put the line across it... make it more like... um the X on the back of vin diesel's neck in that one movie... iono... something like that Razz... just across his shoulder is all Razz

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*goes and asks trusty Mr Google since she has never played any FF game and lonly seen a few pics* Erm..vin's in a lot of movies Razz I'll just take a guess its one of his I haven't seen, bc I don't remember an X...probably triple X Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: