Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
[closed] Cover for a book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

answered :P

take your time katie but remember how much art is involved in this.

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Rolling eyes
MrsLupinBlackTookBrandybuck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, I hope i'm not too late to join. Uneasy If I am, just tell me please. I wanna try this out. I need to start working on my realistic art anyway, so I can send it in to some colleges and try to get a scholorship. I've been loking forward to doing this kind of art, 'cause that's pretty much what I wanna do. Be an illustrator.... I probably won't win, I know it, I'm barely a junior in high school and am in art 2, but i'm gonna try anyway. Hope ya don't mind me entering late.

Oh yeah, the first few probably won't be paint, just black and white. I haven't any with me right now. But i'm gonna get some soon, I need some paintings for my concentration for art anyway.

Edit> Eh, if I'm too late to enter, I don't care. I'm gonna do it either way. Just for the heck of it Razz
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump right in... i need more contestants as always Wink

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsLupinBlackTookBrandybuck () wrote:
I probably won't win, I know it, I'm barely a junior in high school and am in art 2, but i'm gonna try anyway.

I'm a senior and I've only taken an intro course that was one semester (roughly 3 months) so I'm practically self-taught. I can't afford classes outside of school and my vice principle seems to think that even though I want to minor in art it's not important that she fit art into my schedule . . . . So you're in good company. You've even got one up on me, being in Art 2. Welcome to the club. ^-^

Note to em: Sorry I haven't been on again, I'm stuck at my grandparents where MSN and gaim don't want to work with the slow-@$$ dial up that takes about 10 minutes per page to load.... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ma......
still in damn middle school, and I should be freshmeat. Oh well. I tuaght myself to draw throguh and through and taught myself to get better, and insperations, help me along the way, like other's artwork, though I don't look at much for refence, I implant it in my head xD
I think I can do good at realisim for this, I did pretty good on my entry for punchenangel666, and I do think I can find myself time to begin for once . . . . I still even have summer, I know I won't go so fast as drawing all these characters before summer!

We all need to believe in our selves if we wish to win, I could use that 300 bucks xD We all could, but lets all keepa goin'
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
MrsLupinBlackTookBrandybuck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragment, y'all. I just put myself down alot. Don't know why... I can't take compliments very well.... lol, just ignore me.

Thanks for letting me join! ^_^ I'm gonna try and do the first pic in chalk pastels (probably red or blue) instead of pencils. I lost most of my pencils.... . . . . I'm way too lazy to put them back where they belong.... ah well.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checking back in...

I'm still interested. :)

BTW: I started drawing barely two years ago, the first picture in my gallery indeed IS the first colored picture in anime-style I've ever drawn. I'm working to afford airbrush sometime next summer. ^_^
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'm another self-taught drawer myself, I started with doodling back even before i entered school. I've made myself to the point that i can draw anything in damn near perfect detail just by looking at it as i draw it. The problem here is that all these characters are original and it's hard to draw without looking at something.

As you can see, the picture of Jovarake, i'm not too bad, but i'm not great either. And i can't paint to save my life, thus the contest Smile

Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump i'm still here and still waiting

MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know your waiting, always, each time we draw an entry we feel the cold shiver of your eyes watching us, wating. >.>
I have a @^*% of contests on my hands but I'll finih them in due time, then I want to draw some pictures that I just want to do, I plan to get my ass working on my entries by summer, I'll have 3 f**king months to get entries started and finished, I now know that I'm good at realism so I think I'll be ok on my entries, but I may just draw 13 pictures, it depends, I can't really get going on 23, but we'll see.
There's my bump to let you know I'm still here to.

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I.....sorry I haven't updated you but I just got out of the hospital....long story I'll tell you later, I need to go rest again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cptShort

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Jova'rake (sp?) have bangs? I want to do some basic sketches if that's okay.

WEEWT!!! 100th POST!!!! Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing W00t!

Very Happy Laughing :wub: W00t! :ph34r: Very Happy

Okay, done with the smileys.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... yes, he does... in certain instances. I try to pull the hair back in a braid and leave the bangs :P

Sorry everyone this contest is still going. I know the deadline is fairly far off and it takes forever for me to respond sometimes but i'm very busy with work and whatnot...

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowpoke :P

Ooo and I just got a figure study book so I'm gonna practice with that a bit more then show you what pictures I've got. I might be getting a graphics tablet too so it'll be a lot easier ^-^
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah bite me Razz
and you need to talk to me... hmm that requires me logging to MSN don't it? oops

GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...I was bored and redid some quick sketches. They're not in detail bc I wanted to wait for your corrections so there wouldnt be so many smudges and stuff. Pretend her eyes aren't so huge, first of all :P

Jova'rake

Samatha
kojisan
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZUT!!! $300 im in noway i got to be in.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow... i'm loving the samatha pic... (but you forgot the scar... again Razz) but that is really really good actually.

The Jovarake one is pretty good too. I like the way you did the face. Almost looks like ... wait did you use a pic of me... shame on you gollum Razz but yeah... that's about right. Book 2ish. book 1 is without the mustache and book 3 is with it and a goatee so all in all not bad. loving the dimple in the chin... Very Happy

Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay didn't elaborate enough so i'll doublepost... I realllllly really really like the Samatha one Very Happy you even added all the piercings Very Happy omg... gollum you really pay attention lol... i guess that's pre-scar but she actually got the scar in the first book and the first cover she'll be on is the second book so you really should practice with a scar. Other than that... omg my jaw dropped when i seen her

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: